Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
It has been a few months and yet there is still no fix for the podcast App and I Find it quite frustrating.

You can still not sync podcasts that you download manually and add then to your phone. It worked so well and had no issues with iOS 6 and the previous Podcast App.

Does anyone know of another app you could listen to podcasts through that you download manually?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
It has been a few months and yet there is still no fix for the podcast App and I Find it quite frustrating.

You can still not sync podcasts that you download manually and add then to your phone. It worked so well and had no issues with iOS 6 and the previous Podcast App.

Does anyone know of another app you could listen to podcasts through that you download manually?

:confused:

I am subscribed to TwitTV's podcast and nothing downloads unless I tap the cloud icon (which in turn streams the podcast to my iPhone). I'm not sure I understand what is broken.

thomamon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Flemington, NJ
:confused:

I am subscribed to TwitTV's podcast and nothing downloads unless I tap the cloud icon (which in turn streams the podcast to my iPhone). I'm not sure I understand what is broken.

Not trying to steam, I'm syncing podcasts I download elsewhere.

----------

There's a couple of decent podcast clients in the App Store; check out Instacast, Downcast or Pocket Casts.

Will they show podcasts downloaded manually?

Zcott

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2009
Belfast, Ireland
I download them on the internet, a website and import them into iTunes. I then try to sync to my phone.

I never had a problem doing this prior to the update to the podcast app for iOS 7.

Ah, ok. I'm not sure because this isn't my podcast workflow. All of the apps I mentioned above automatically download new episodes (or let you know they're available for you to manually download or stream) in the background with push notifications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.