iPhone Podcast App - podcasts start/stop

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by whiteshadoww, Sep 20, 2012.

1. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

Anyone having problem when they connect their iPhone with iOS 6 to their car to listen to podcasts on the new podcast app? For me the podcast starts then stop.

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Are we talking usb connection or bluetooth? If its bluetooth, it might be a good idea to unpair and repair the phone since its been upgraded.

That being said, I was having major issues with the Podcast app before iOS 6, so that may not solve the problem. :p

3. mikebikemusic macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing the same problem. Before upgrading to IOS6 I was listening to a Filmspotting podcast. After upgrade, I started playing it from the Podcast app. But I can still find the Music app also showing it Now Playing.

I switched to another Filmspotting episode and the problem persisted. My car connection is via a 30 pin dongle that broadcasts to my car radio.

The problem persisted when disconnected from the dongle and using the internal iPhone 4s speaker. I then tried a podcast that had several 10 minute rather than 60+ minute episodes. Those worked. Powering the phone off and on did not resolve the issue.

Now, I'm home, still on 3G. Now only the FS episode that has a duplicate in Music app is stopping. The other FS episode is playing just fine. The other podcast is playing just fine.

I think it's related to iCloud syncing because I notice that when I stop the FS episode from Podcasts app and run it in Music, the position is synced to where I left off and same when going back to Podcasts app. It also is probably related to large files.

It's quite annoying. I also don't like that the new maps app turns off podcast playing. I thought maybe running the maps app was the reason, but I think that would have cleared up when I rebooted.

Maybe if I figure out how to delete the episode from the music app it will be fixed.

4. jrsteele macrumors newbie

Podcast app not playing with navfree gps app

I have found that switching to the Navfree GPS app stops the Podcast app from playing on my iPhone 4 at any time, including in the car using bluetooth. The Podcast app plays fine over Bluetooth until I switch to navfree, then the sound fades. Not impressed: I stopped using the Podcast app under iOS 5 because it was very flaky, but now with iOS 6 Apple has moved podcasts into Podcast and I no longer have the option of using iTunes (or Music). Is this Apple's problem or navfree's? Motion GPX seems to work OK...

5. mikebikemusic macrumors newbie

podcast stopping fixed itself

As soon as I started playing something else in the music app (so that the podcast was no longer "now playing") I was able to play that episode without stopping.

Now my biggest complaint about the podcast app is that there is no way to show the metadata description of the episode or the AAC chapter names.