Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Topher15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
London
So as many people know, Apple left out the option to view podcast descriptions on the iPod Touch/iPhone. Ridiculous! You can copy the descriptions into the lyrics field which then show once you tap the artwork, but podcasters and users should not have to correct Apple's error.

So... can people leave feedback on the Apple site re: podcast descriptions on the iPod Touch. I guess if enough people do so they will correct it in a future update.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html

Cheers.

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
On my 2.1 iPod touch, there is podcast descriptions done which is a nice feature that I like, nothing I have to do to get it ^^

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
On my 2.1 iPod touch, there is podcast descriptions done which is a nice feature that I like, nothing I have to do to get it ^^

there are no podcast descriptions on the iPod touch unless those who made the podcast have loaded the description into the lyrics field. I have 2.1.

On the othe iPods if you keep clicking the select button you eventually see the podcast description.

-Dark Angel-

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2007
there are no podcast descriptions on the iPod touch unless those who made the podcast have loaded the description into the lyrics field. I have 2.1.

On the othe iPods if you keep clicking the select button you eventually see the podcast description.

Well Buzz out loud did good job covering both bases but I'm curious if both are filled up will it show the info twice or does one take precedence over the other?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Well Buzz out loud did good job covering both bases but I'm curious if both are filled up will it show the info twice or does one take precedence over the other?

Haven't tried that - I'll give it a go tonight with my nano.

I think with a Podcast the regular iPods ignore the Lyrics section but an iPod touch/iPhone doesn't seem to have the ability to look at the Description field for a Podcast.

It will look at the Lyrics field for some weird reason though.

Topher15

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
London
It will look at the Lyrics field for some weird reason though.

It seems Apple have just transported the way it work for music (tap to get lyrics) over to podcasts. Podcasts should be tap to get the description. I'm really surprised Apple missed this. They're usually pretty good when it comes to the little details.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
It seems Apple have just transported the way it work for music (tap to get lyrics) over to podcasts. Podcasts should be tap to get the description. I'm really surprised Apple missed this. They're usually pretty good when it comes to the little details.

Yep, totally agree - it would be a little, easy and useful thing to do and would probably take them all of two minutes to implement.

I guess we just need to wait - I've already sent a number of feature requests to Apple regarding music/podcasts on the iPhone/iPod touch as there are some features that have been on the iPod for years that still haven't made it across... like scrolling titles in lists... grrr...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.