Podcast handling has changed (again)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by balamw, Sep 10, 2007.

1. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

When first introduced, podcasts would play continuously just like other content. Then, at some point they changed the software to make it stop after each episode of a podcast, though you could still create a playlist and play episodes continuously, and then they took that away too.

Now on my new 3G nano, continuous play is back from the podcast menu.

Just when I had gotten used to the way my 5G worked. :p

Has anyone noticed this on the iPod Classic?

B

2. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

My new nano returns to the podcast menu after a podcast finishes, just like my 5G did, and honestly, I prefer it that way.

3. milo macrumors 604

That's really lame.

I've never understood why they won't allow at least an option to have things like podcasts and videos to keep playing instead of just playing one and then stopping.

Do they really think most people want to listen/watch a few minutes worth then manually have to play the next one? Makes no sense to me.

4. balamw thread starter Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wonder what's "wrong" with mine then... :eek: :p

I'd just like it to be consistent...

B

5. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

My 80 GB Classic Does This, Too

My 80 GB Classic also plays podcasts continuously, which I don't happen to be fond of after getting used to my 5G stopping after each one. I, too, think it should be a menu option so we could choose what we prefer. I'm curious, though, as to why one of your Nanos plays continuously and the other does not. Odd.

6. balamw thread starter Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

This Mystery Is History

Found a workaround for the nano.

Settings -> Shuffle -> Songs. Returns the 1 episode at a time behavior.

The podcasts are set to skip on shuffle so when it is done with one ep it returns to the menu!

B

7. reubs macrumors 68000

While I love the podcast options, I think there are some big ways in which they can be changed. I listen to NPR's "Story of the Day", and I don't get to hear it every day, so an option to listen continuously would be nice.