Podcast Playback Issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by twentydeuce, Jan 26, 2010.

1. twentydeuce macrumors newbie

Since iTunes 9 I have had many issues with podcast playback. I have a smart playlist in which my podcasts are located. Usually everything works fine (as long as I do not check live updating) and the podcast episodes are listed in reverse chronological order.

Recently this has become an issue and even without the Live Updating tab checked, the order gets messed up. Sync to Sync this is different and doesn't seem to be anything I can control. Occasionally I have to delete the smart playlist and sync, then remake the playlist and sync again. This usually fixes the issue.

My new issue is shuffled playback. I want these podcasts to play in the correct order but they have begun to randomize. They are listed correctly when I am looking at them both on the iPod and in iTunes, but when I hit the next arrow on the iPod, it will go to a random episode rather then the correct, next one.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and does anyone have a fix? I have looked in the general and music settings and nothing there seems to have an effect on this.

This is really frustrating and at the time of writing this, I am resetting the iPod to factory settings and resyncing everything.

2. twentydeuce thread starter macrumors newbie

After a reinstall (I could not use a backup, I had to make as if it was brand new) the podcasts are working correctly.