Podcast Question

Discussion in 'iPod' started by capyboppy, May 20, 2008.

1. capyboppy macrumors newbie

I have always synced my ipod to itunes using the "save all downloads" option. When I have watched them I have manually deleted all the ones I don't want to keep, tedious as it is.
    I decided it would probably be better to choose the option of "save newest downloads". When I came to sync after altering this setting it wouldn't do it. The blue dot that shows all new podcasts was showing, but the previous downloaded podcasts wouldn't disappear when syncing. Hope that makes sense.

How do I get itunes/ipod to update correctly?

Also, When deleting podcasts I always get the prompt box to the tune of "do you want to save the files or put them in the trash." Is there a way to automatically delete without this annoying box coming up everytime?

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Sounds like the "save" options you are trying are just itunes management options. In Other Words, those options do not affect syncing until podcasts disappear from itunes. You shouldn't have to delete podcasts from your ipod if you are syncing. You can delete them from itunes or un-check them.

Also, to avoid being asked about deleting or saving, (in Mac OSX) just check the box- don't ask me again.

3. capyboppy thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't understand this, why should I want to avoid being asked about deleting or saving when it is to do with the question?