podcast question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fleeper, Jul 30, 2009.

1. fleeper macrumors 6502

Okay, I listen to and subscribe to several podcasts every week. When I finish listening to a podcast, I will usually swipe the podcast and delete it.

If I sync my phone, it will put that podcast back on; I want it to stay deleted and then when a new one comes available, to put that one on instead. It will update to the newest podcast, but if there is no new on available, I don't want the old one to be put back on again.

Is there a work around for this?

Thanks.

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Are there not settings within iTunes for not syncing podcasts you've already listened to?

I'm sure you can set this in the Podcast tab of the iPhone section of iTunes.

At work, so can't check the exact options...

3. danwms macrumors member

Maybe by deleting it on your iphone when you sync back with itunes it does not know that you have listened to it so i copies the 'unread' podcast back to the phone.

When i listen to a podcast i leave it on the phone. then when i sync with itunes it removes all the ones i listen to and only adds new ones. i think that is what you want it to do.

just leave it on the phone one you have listened to it. It clearly marks out which ones have been listened to or not with the blue icon.

4. fleeper thread starter macrumors 6502

I just synced, and a podcast that I had listened to in its entirety is still on my iphone. It does not have the little blue dot beside it showing that is new, but I want it to have deleted so that I can scroll through them better.

Where are the settings to change this? I did not see anything on the podcast tab in itunes.

Thanks much.

5. danwms macrumors member

On the podcast page at the bottom right is as settings button.