Podcast settings not working - flooding iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chainprayer, Jul 29, 2008.

1. chainprayer macrumors 6502a

I have my iTunes set up to only copy the 10 most recent podcast episodes. When I sync my iPod, it copies ALL the episodes (some podcasts have 300+ episodes). I have tried all the settings... (10 most recent new, 10 most recent unviewed) but my iPod is full. Its so full that I can't download new apps!

help!

2. applehockey macrumors member

applehockey

You can manually check or uncheck songs. Use the shift trick to select a lot of podcasts. To make it so only the checked songs/podcasts are copied, check the box for sync only checked songs and videos (on the summary screen for your ipod, and don't worry- this covers podcasts as well as songs and videos).

3. chainprayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

But how can this be done automatically? Before I upgraded to 2.0 and the new version of iTunes, I would always have fresh podcasts updated everytime i synced my iPod. I don't want to manually check/uncheck files from my 10 podcasts if these can be updated automatically. :(

4. applehockey macrumors member

applehockey

I am not sure what the problem is. Could it possibly be because you have more than 10 unviewed podcasts?

5. chainprayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

but isn't that option there to manage libraries with more than ten podcasts?

6. chainprayer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just checked and one of my podcasts has 104 episodes saved to my ipod, even though i told itunes to copy 10 episodes. plus, i don't have that podcast checked to copy, but its still there anyway!... bah!