Podcast sync?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jmmo20, Mar 14, 2015.

1. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

I´ve seen the watch has a music sync option, but do you guys think there might be an option to add podcasts?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

3. Time Less macrumors 6502

Time Less

I was hoping for this feature as well. It would be nice to go for a walk with jus the watch and a BT headset.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

How can they not have podcast on :apple: Watch? I sure hope it will have podcast controls at launch.

5. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

It should be quite straight forward to add ... but who knows

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

They would have to add a version of the iOS podcast app to it which I think if not available at launch it will only be a matter of time before it will be. Like with any device, e.g. the iPhone and iPad, there will be updates adding new features.

7. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

I think this would need to be a system service rather than an app per se. Just like the music settings we´ve seen in the control app. Because the interesting part would be to allow podcasts to sync while charging overnight, so that you can go running or cycling without your phone.

8. Mr.C, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015

Mr.C macrumors 601

It should be possible though even if it requires a firmware update or a watch companion app update.

9. iVegas macrumors 6502

iVegas

I'm guessing there will be Podcast app available to download from the AppStore.

10. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Maybe they thought it would be too annoying to navigate through an hour long podcast on the tiny screen :D

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

An hour ? Some of the podcasts I listen to last two and a half hours. That said I don't normally navigate through them but listen through them from beginning to end only pausing when I need to listen to something else like a train announcement or in a shop or cafe buying something.

12. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Well I usually only listen to dj sets in podcast format, and they tend to be an hour. I constantly see myself skipping around in the podcast if I wanna here a track again or wanna skip a borin part..