Podcasting and new iTunes withing 60 days!

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
Linkety

No registration required but for you too lazy to click:

Podcasting coming to iTunes said:
Apple Computer says it will support and organize podcasts in the next version of its iTunes and iPod software. Podcasts, which are sound files and audio content such as radio shows, have surged in popularity and don't require an iPod for listening to them on the go. Any digital MP3 player will work. "With the next version of iTunes, due within 60 days, there will now be an easy way for everyone to find and subscribe" to podcasts, the company said in a statement.

– REUTERS

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
This is consistant with what Steve said yesterday. The integration in iTunes looked very cool! I am excited for this feature.... a few more new features would really make this a great update.

Either way, it looks like I am finally going to give podcasting a try!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I was looking all over itunes for the link but i guess it's not out yet... (duhh)
i can't wait for podcasting to come, i'm sick of my almost 4,000 songs!!

Orlando Furioso

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
Bezerkeley
Awesome! I was wondering when that feature was going to become available. I got terribly excited after watching Steve-O use it during the keynote yesterday. I'm looking forward to using podcasts with iTunes.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
Keep in mind that this article was published in the newspaper before the keynote... a few hours ahead, sure, but before the keynote. And it does at least mention the 60 days thing which I don't recall Steve saying in the Keynote.

mcmav37

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2004
Ann Arbor, MI
Mechcozmo said:
And it does at least mention the 60 days thing which I don't recall Steve saying in the Keynote.
This stuff was reported a few weeks back because Steve mentioned this new feature at the Wall Street Journal D: All Things Digital conference. The 60 day timeframe was mentioned then, so we could conceivably expect it in only 4-6 weeks now.