Podcasting functionality removed from Garageband

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by blasto2236, Oct 23, 2013.

1. blasto2236 macrumors 6502a

Pretty bummed to see that Apple has removed podcasting functions from GarageBand. This was my primary use of the software. Maybe it'll come back in a point update?

2. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Yep. Scared me to death when i learned that (after installing). Luckily, the old version isn't deleted.

3. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

This sucks for those us of that use it to produce our Podcasts. Of course, we might be the only three...:eek:

4. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

Anyone who liked to use Amplitube (or any other amp sim) or EzDrummer, anyone who liked the ability to add insert effects on channel strips... you are going to be pissed because that functionality is ALL GONE.

5. aliensporebomb, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013

aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb

Another

Everybody;
    I think I can help you out; go to your Applications folder and GarageBand 6.5 is still there. *It's in a folder marked GarageBand 6.5. *I have verified it works fine under Mavericks.

It is worthwhile keeping the last version - I've read that the reason some softsynths and effects don't work and don't show up in the menu is that GarageBand 10 is 64-bit and thus your softsynth or plug-in must be rewritten for 64-bit. *Happily, I now have both versions of GB installed.
    ----------

[/COLOR]
    Either that or it's hidden in some way. I've found several things that appeared to be gone but .....