Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Pretty bummed to see that Apple has removed podcasting functions from GarageBand. This was my primary use of the software. Maybe it'll come back in a point update?

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
This sucks for those us of that use it to produce our Podcasts. Of course, we might be the only three...:eek:

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Anyone who liked to use Amplitube (or any other amp sim) or EzDrummer, anyone who liked the ability to add insert effects on channel strips... you are going to be pissed because that functionality is ALL GONE.

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
Another

Everybody;
I think I can help you out; go to your Applications folder and GarageBand 6.5 is still there. *It's in a folder marked GarageBand 6.5. *I have verified it works fine under Mavericks.

It is worthwhile keeping the last version - I've read that the reason some softsynths and effects don't work and don't show up in the menu is that GarageBand 10 is 64-bit and thus your softsynth or plug-in must be rewritten for 64-bit. *Happily, I now have both versions of GB installed.
----------

[/COLOR]
Anyone who liked to use Amplitube (or any other amp sim) or EzDrummer, anyone who liked the ability to add insert effects on channel strips... you are going to be pissed because that functionality is ALL GONE.

Either that or it's hidden in some way. I've found several things that appeared to be gone but .....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.