Podcasts app.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by HankHowdy, Oct 23, 2014.

1. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I'm having trouble understanding how the auto downloading feature works.

To my understanding when you have a station saved you have to select automatic downloads, then select refresh every six hours, then when there is a new episode available it will download it. There should also be a badge letting me know that there is a newly downloaded episode that has not been played.

This never works for me. I have to go into the feed and select a episode to download, then I will see a badge.

Is this the only way it works?

2. MaxPayne79 macrumors regular

i think so. The app is little backwards and it doesn't really work properly particulate when you have auto-sync on. It becomes a giant mess. I still to manual refreshes and downloads.

3. FloridaGary macrumors regular

Nope. The podcast will automatically download unless there is a technical issue with the podcast episode that was uploaded by the content provider. I subscribe to 4 podcasts with no issues on a iPhone 6 with 8.1.

4. JWorld127 macrumors 6502

JWorld127

I would not recommend auto download....just stream each one when you wanna listen to it. I had it on auto download for a while and it killed my battery.

5. highlightshadow macrumors regular

I would recommend ditching the built-in app and use one of the excellent 3rd party ones... they work much more logically ... Once apple stopped supporting Podcasts in the music app they ruined it for me