Podcasts don't sync from iTunes to iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tuftywhite, Oct 26, 2014.

1. tuftywhite macrumors member

I want to sync my podcasts from iTunes to Podcasts on my iPhone so that I can listen to them when I don't have internet access.

Now all I get is a list of my podcasts on the iphone but they require downloading to play them. I've tried changing the settings on the phone and iTunes but I can't find a combination that works.

I want it to work like it did with the original iPods. I've already downloaded them once on to the Mac. I don't want to have to download them again on the phone.

Any ideas?

2. tuftywhite thread starter macrumors member

~ Podcasts not Syncing

121 views and nobody else sees this as an issue?

Have I not explained it properly or am I the only person suffering from this?

Do let me know.

3. RedGT macrumors member

RedGT

Download the podcasts in iTunes, then plug phone into comp, then sync phone with selected podcasts.
    sync.jpg

4. tuftywhite thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advice.

I do this, however, when I go into podcasts on my iPhone I get the cloud download symbol on the podcasts, and I have to download them onto the phone over the internet as they haven't copied across from the computer.

Is it just me?

5. kiwiflemings macrumors newbie

No it is not just you. I have exactly the same problem. I just posted this on the Apple site:

When I sync my iPhone it does not pick up my selected podcasts. Instead, ALL my podcasts are shown, but only in the cloud.
    I do NOT want to stream my podcasts using cellular data when I have already used my home wifi to download them.
    I have tried turning my phone off and on.
    Please help me....it's looking like I can't listen to podcasts anymore unless I am at home with my laptop. This problem started in the last couple of days and did not seem to coincide with an upgrade for my phone or iTunes.

I am so frustrated because I often want to listen to podcasts offline e.g. on a plane. And now I can't. The only response I have had so far was from someone suggesting I actually hadn't downloaded them properly onto my laptop in the first place. Nope. I listen to hundreds of podcasts and I know what I'm doing from that angle but this has me completely stumped.

6. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Syncing over wifi between Mac-iOS has stopped working.... anyone else?