Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRRize

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
I have an iPhone 3Gs and currently running iTunes 10.5.3.

I subscribe to a particular podcast and use to always download them on my MacPro and then sync them to the iPhone. This has worked in the past and still works. No problems there.

Recently, though, I have been downloading the podcasts right to my iPhone, form the phone itself. When I sync this way, those particular podcasts will not sync back to the computer. Also, when I look for them by selecting my phone in iTunes and scrolling through all my media files, they don't appear at all! As a result, my phone is jam packed with podcasts taking up valuable space on my phone. I don't want to delete them and lose them forever. There seems to be no way at all to get them from my phone to my iTunes library.

Anyone have a clue why this is?

redlemon

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2011
i have the same issue, but have been unable to find an answer.

syncing back to itunes used to work fine, but now does not work on either iphone or ipad. i have to extract them manually using a third party program.

RRRize

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
i have the same issue, but have been unable to find an answer.

syncing back to itunes used to work fine, but now does not work on either iphone or ipad. i have to extract them manually using a third party program.

I apologize for not following up with this post. I found a solution in my case. My phone (3Gs) is jailbroken. So since no one responded to this post, I figured the issue was pretty unique and likely happening because of a badly done jailbreak. So I went ahead and re-jailbroke my phone and that fixed the issue!

So my question to you is, are both your devices jailbroken? If so, try what I did.

Please follow up here :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.