Podcasts in Reverse Order, Desperately need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DDarkusTriforce, Jul 15, 2011.

1. DDarkusTriforce macrumors newbie

Most of my Podcasts work fine, but one particular podcast I got has all the episodes in reverse order, which means that it plays backwards.

Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but said particular podcast is the whole New Testament, meaning that every couple minutes, I have to manually go in and select the next chapter. This gets really annoying really fast. Can someone please tell me how to flip the order of the episodes?

Thanks!

PS: My iPod Touch is jailbroken, so if there is some kind of Cydia app that will help, let me know please!

2. dghenry, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2011

dghenry macrumors newbie

Podcasts in "Reverse" Order

I presume you're looking for a way to play the podcasts in the reverse order than the normal order. By this I mean that the "Oldest" ones play first so that is "first-in-first out", not "last-in-first out"; as they are normally played.

I method I learned just yesterday works for my Ipod Classic, maybe it'll work for you.

From Main Podcast Menu (the one that lists allthe podcasts you've loaded on to your Ipod, use the wheel to highlight the one you want to play, don't hit the center button, just hit the "play/pause" area at the bottom of the wheel.

This has worked for me on a couple of different podcasts, when the "oldest" episode was done, it went to the nexy oldest one right up to the "newest" episode, all automatically.

Hopefully it will play your bible back in the correct order.

Good Luck.

3. DDarkusTriforce thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't really do that cause it's a touch.

Fortunately, I found a workaround. I just downloaded every Bible book and used an MP3 combining program to combine the verses into individual books, and put them as chapters i an audiobook, so I don't need to use podcasts for it. Thanks for the suggestion anyways. :)