Podcasts keep going out of order

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by JamesLJ, Sep 26, 2013.

1. JamesLJ macrumors newbie

JamesLJ

iOS 7.0 (11A465) on iPhone 5
    iTunes 11.x on Windows 7 (it's my work computer...don't judge)

Hey all,

I've got a bunch of podcasts I like to listen to every day, and I have traditionally had them sorted "just so". Now with iOS7 and iTunes 11, what I've been wanting for a long time, podcast syncing, has finally become reality. The only problem is, every day or so when my podcasts update, they go out of order.

I have "My podcasts" sorted manually and then a playlist called "Daily playlist" that matches the order of My Podcasts. About half my podcasts are short daily podcasts, and about half are long-form and update every week or a couple times a month.

The way it should work is in "Daily Playlist" the podcasts that are available that day appear and are in the order in which they appeared in My Podcasts when I set it up.

The way it actually happens is My Podcasts gets all shuffled up when the new podcasts are downloaded for the day, and my playlist is all screwed up.

Can you help me fix it?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

After switching back and forth about 3 or 4 times, I've given up on Apple's Podcast app and moved to Downcast.

3. JamesLJ thread starter macrumors newbie

JamesLJ

Intriguing

1) Is it free?
    2) Does it have iOS, Mac, and Windows clients?
    3) Will it sync those three seamlessly?
    4) Can I play podcasts out of the iTunes Store easily? How about Soundcloud? (If I can subscribe from both of those sources I'm sold...)

Sorry I'm not researching that stuff myself...I'm at work and half working, half trying to figure this sh.. out.