Podcasts lose names after sync

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gregintosh, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I downloaded some podcasts (mostly the How Stuff Works podcast called "Stuff You Should Know") on the iPad. In the iPod app it then showed along each episode with each episode title making it easy for me to pick the episode I want to hear and play.

After I synced with my iMac, all the titles are now "you should know.rss" for each and every episode title.

After I synced my iPhone, I noticed they all got transferred to the iPhone the same way (with the same title for each episode).

Any idea how to fix this or what's causing it? I'm really getting into podcasts and this seems like it pretty much destroys the whole experience on the iPad and the iPhone.

2. Gregintosh thread starter macrumors 68000

Anyone have an idea of what this could be caused by or how to prevent it???

3. BoltSteve macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem, they download just fine on the iPad but after syncing the name changes to a series of numbers.

4. Gregintosh thread starter macrumors 68000

Has it always been this way? Have you figured out any way to stop this?

5. Alex771992 macrumors newbie

Same problem

I'm having the same problem. Does anyone know a solution?

6. BoltSteve macrumors newbie

I've had 2 iPhones and downloaded podcasts on them, run the sync to iTunes, and no problems. This is my first iPad that I've had for just 2 weeks. The only solution that "works" is to only download on iTunes and sync to iPad. Obviously not the best solution.