Podcasts not playing with video!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by macbook123, Jul 9, 2007.

1. macbook123 macrumors 68000

I can't seem to get podcast motion pictures to work.
    For example, I tried to download and play the PBS Nature podcasts, available at this URL:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=203180821

to the iPhone. However when I play them I only hear the sound, see a still standing image from the video, but the video is not playing. I have the same problem with any other podcasts I downloaded. Podcasts play just fine in iTunes on my Mac.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

are you selecting the podcasts through the podcasts menu or the video menu? you'll only see the video if you select them through the video menu.

3. macbook123 thread starter macrumors 68000

oh, that was easy, thanks, works now!

I wish other places would offer free podcasts that have some intellectual value. So far, PBS and National Geographic are the only ones I was able to find. Unfortunately the free videos are only a few minutes long. I may post a separate thread inquiring for interesting podcasts/free iPhone ready videos...

4. Trudijane macrumors newbie

Podcasts not playing video in iTunes

Hi,
    I'm familiarizing myself with iTunes since I just bought an i Shuffle.

I downloaded all the episodes of "Real Time" with Bill Maher (TV show on HBO accessible through free podcasts).

When I double click on the shorter quips I can hear and see the video. When I double click on an episode and can only hear audio and not see the video of the episode and can't figure out how to see it, if possible. How can I view the whole episode in addition to hearing it? if that's possible.

I'd appreciate your help.

Trudijane

5. Trudijane macrumors newbie

Podcasts play just fine in iTunes on my Mac....

Hi,
    The first thing I did when discovereing that Real Time (TV episodes) were available for free in Podcasts was download them to my iTunes. The short quips I'm able to see and hear. But if I double click the actual show (53 minutes) all I hear is the audio with no picture.

So I'm wondering if there's something I'm not doing in order for me to not see the podcasts visually!

Thanks.
    T.

6. Trudijane macrumors newbie

r6girl:

Where is the video menu? I see the podcast list I guess on the Podcast menu when I double click on it. How to I access them from the video menu?

Thanks.
    Trudijane

7. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

My initial answer was to someone who was trying to do this on an iPhone (this is the iPhone forum), so it won't apply if you're trying to do this on your Mac.

Are you talking about the Real Time with Bill Maher podcast? If so, it's only the audio of those shows, so you won't get video with it no matter what you do...

8. Trudijane macrumors newbie

Watching Bill Maher

Thanks! Too bad.
    Trudi

9. Janette Brown macrumors newbie

Ditto

:confused:

I, too, have this problem. Funny, but the Maher podcast opened a ideo program on my computer. Perhaps, just a tease?!?!

Trudi, if you find an answer, let me know!

Janette
    Mac Air user