Podcasts not synching

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jcborden, Oct 17, 2018.

1. jcborden macrumors regular

Have the series 4 and am trying unsuccessfully to get Podcasts to work.

I have a few in my Podcasts app on the iPhone (shown under listen now and shows), however these fail to sync to the watch.

The watch app was set to sync the 'listen now' podcasts, however I have tried selecting custom and it doesn't show anything listed at all - simply isn't seeing those in the Podcasts app. If I try to browse my iPhone podcasts from the Podcasts app on the phone it just says 'No episodes'.

I have tried restarting the watch and iPhone and unpairing and repairing but no change. What am I doing wrong?

2. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

Is your watch on the charger while you’re trying to sync?

3. jcborden thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, had the watch on the charger and tried toggling between custom and listen on the watch app which said pending, then disappeared but still nothing on the watch.

I have since found that subscribing to the podcasts rather than just downloading allows them to appear in the watch app on the iPhone, but they still don't sync and if I browse my phone from my watch it still shows no podcasts at all...

4. jcborden thread starter macrumors regular

OK, looks like podcasts are only available once subscribed and you have to be patient before they show up on the watch (when browsing the iPhone) as they are now visible and when I put the watch on the charger they now sync across.

5. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

I'm glad you've got it figured out. It can take a little time as you're seeing for the syncing to begin and finish.