Podcasts not syncing correctly to mobile devices

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by g-boac, Oct 11, 2010.

1. g-boac macrumors 6502

Good evening!! After installing iTunes 10, I have been having problems syncing my podcasts between my iPhone4 and my Mac.

Hardware details:
    [a] iPhone 4, iOS 4.1
    computer - 2010 Core i7 MBP running 10.6.4 and iTunes 10.0.1:

Issue description:
    [1] Podcasts if played on the computer *will not* sync correctly with mobile device; the podcast on the iPhone will ALWAYS overwrite the podcast on the computer (i.e., if podcast played most recently on computer, but still unplayed on iPhone, podcast will show as unplayed on computer after sync).
    [2] Podcasts if played on the iPhone *will* sync correctly with the Mac (i.e., if podcast most recently played on iPhone, podcast will show as partially played or completely played, at the correct stopping point, on Mac after sync).
    [3] Songs on the iPhone when playing will sometimes begin in the middle of the song - as though if they were a podcast picking up where I left off. The songs are all iTunes Store purchases, and they are correctly marked as Music, with the "remember playback position" box left UNCHECKED.

Wanted to ask whether other folks are having similar issues, and if so, whether they've been able to find a solution. If not, and you're having a similar problem, wanted to ask if you could take a quick second to send a quick feedback/bug report to Apple: http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Historically, I've seen Apple be responsive to customer issues - but it's on us to let them know this is a problem.

thanks, and best regards,
    Mark

2. g-boac thread starter macrumors 6502

Additional issue details

Actually, this problem is not just limited to podcasts; also extends to TV shows synced between the iPhone and Mac: if I watch a TV show partially on my computer, and have been syncing that show onto my iPhone, the (unplayed) iPhone episode will overwrite my Mac version at the next sync, marking as unplayed the episode on my Mac.