Podcasts not syncing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Fozziebear71, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Fozziebear71 macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

I have an Apple Watch Series 4, LTE.

I have many, many, podcasts on my Apple Watch that I listen to when I go for a run. For weeks now the old podcast episodes that I have listened to on the Apple Watch are labeled as "Played" on the Apple Watch. No matter what I do, no matter how long I leave the phone plugged onto the charger with my iPhone sitting right next to it, the listened to episodes are not being removed from the watch and I have not discovered a manual way to delete them. Has anyone experienced this? And if so, have you found a solution?

2. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

Do you have the setting in Podcasts on your iPhone set to “Delete after Played”?

3. Fozziebear71 thread starter macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

Yep. And the episodes delete off of my phone like they are supposed to but they remain on my Apple Watch and they have a check mark next to the word “played”.

4. DontGetTheCheese macrumors regular

I gave up on the podcasts app and went to Overcast. Much, much better results. Not perfect, but, better.

Maybe the rewrite will be better.

5. Dwood1970 macrumors regular

Try deleting the app and then loading it back.

6. Der Keyser macrumors regular

Der Keyser

When that happens to me I just have to reboot the watch and force quit the podcast app on iPhone

7. twinlight macrumors 6502a

twinlight

Mine never adds any episodes to the watch. No matter if there are new ones or not.

8. Fozziebear71 thread starter macrumors 6502

Fozziebear71

Yeah, I've tried that with no luck.

Mine adds new episodes, it just won't remove the ones that I have listened too. So I have an ever expanding list of "played" episodes on every podcasts that I subscribe to.