Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
I have an Apple Watch Series 4, LTE.

I have many, many, podcasts on my Apple Watch that I listen to when I go for a run. For weeks now the old podcast episodes that I have listened to on the Apple Watch are labeled as "Played" on the Apple Watch. No matter what I do, no matter how long I leave the phone plugged onto the charger with my iPhone sitting right next to it, the listened to episodes are not being removed from the watch and I have not discovered a manual way to delete them. Has anyone experienced this? And if so, have you found a solution?

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Do you have the setting in Podcasts on your iPhone set to “Delete after Played”?

Yep. And the episodes delete off of my phone like they are supposed to but they remain on my Apple Watch and they have a check mark next to the word “played”.

DontGetTheCheese

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2015
I gave up on the podcasts app and went to Overcast. Much, much better results. Not perfect, but, better.

Maybe the rewrite will be better.

Der Keyser

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2016
When that happens to me I just have to reboot the watch and force quit the podcast app on iPhone

twinlight

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2016
Mine never adds any episodes to the watch. No matter if there are new ones or not.

Fozziebear71

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
When that happens to me I just have to reboot the watch and force quit the podcast app on iPhone

Yeah, I've tried that with no luck.

Mine never adds any episodes to the watch. No matter if there are new ones or not.

Mine adds new episodes, it just won't remove the ones that I have listened too. So I have an ever expanding list of "played" episodes on every podcasts that I subscribe to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.