Podcasts on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jwolf6589, May 7, 2017.

1. jwolf6589 macrumors 6502a

jwolf6589

I do not listen to music but listen to podcasts all the time. When do you think I will be able to load podcasts to the watch?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

3. David58117 macrumors 65816

You already can.

I just use Overcast, but really I don't see the point.

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I was thinking of doing this myself, one reason was so that if I got a phone call the podcast would keep playing. But I'm not even sure that it would keep playing since the notification would go to my watch.

The other reason was so if I went on a hike I could leave my phone in the car.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Well, I suppose this allows you to listen to podcasts while running with just your watch and a pair of wireless headphones, if that is your thing.

6. have24 macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure Overcast lets you load podcasts to the watch. I haven't ever done it myself yet but I know one of their most recent updates allowed you to do so. Overcast has to be one of the best, if not the best podcast app I think.

7. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

The problem is that loading anything onto the watch is excruciatingly slow. It's a hardware limitation.

8. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

The files are transferred over Bluetooth, so yeah, it can take a while.

9. ManicMarc macrumors 6502

Can anyone get files to actually transfer with Overcast? They seem to only succeed about 10% of the time here.

10. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

I can't get it to work at all
    Says it's loaded but once I try to access on app on watch it crashes and when I go back file disappears tried 4 or 5 times and gave up. Tried reinstalling app on watch and phone and restarting and actually factory reset watch at one point

11. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

They did just update on May 12 to supposedly fix background crashes and a failed download bug. Is it still crashing on you even after the update?

12. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Wasn't aware of the update I'll download it when I get home and report back if it's still having issues. Thanks for the info!

13. SDColorado macrumors 65816

SDColorado

No worries. Hopefully, it will address the issues that you have been having.