Podcasts start after Facetime call?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Rocko1, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Is this a wide spread bug? Podcasts will begin playing after a facetime call. Really annoying.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I wouldn't say widespread. This is the first time I heard of such a strange thing and it hasn't happened to me yet.

How many times has it happened to you?

3. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

4. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

Podcasts start after ANY phone call, for me.

On full volume too, it's embarrassing.

5. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

I did notice it's at full volume. The Podcast app is really buggy. I hate they forced us to use it instead of through the music app.

6. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I have a possibly similar issue.

After I've been listening to TuneIn radio earlier in the day, it randomly resumes playing after I place my iPhone into the dock.

It's really weird, and gave me so many wtf moments when going to bed. I'd put it in, get in bed... then a minute later music randomly starts playing from TuneIn.

I don't have this problem with any other app.

7. Rocko1 thread starter macrumors 68020

Rocko1

That would lean more towards a IOS6 issue then.

8. chrfr macrumors 603

You can still keep using the Music app for podcasts if you don't need to download them from the device and can keep using iTunes. For me, the Podcasts app is so bad, I'm going to see if I can work with this compromise.

9. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

It happened with iOS 5 as well.

10. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

There was a thread here about this happening to any phone calls. Search is still broken or else I'd find a link.

11. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

That is is very odd. I just had a FaceTime call with one of my girlfriends today and neither one of had this happen.

12. iphnhelp macrumors regular

I started a thread about this issue once as well... music or podcasts or whatever audio app was last played will start playing right after a phone call ends- also if I miss the call or forward it on.

I think it might have to do with (in my case) unplugging from the car without first pressing pause. (which will automatically pause the audio) It seems to happen with me more frequently if I do that rather than stopping the audio first, then unplugging. Might be every time but I haven't paid close enough attention.

13. ..-. macrumors newbie

This is a known problem. Paused podcasts will start after any phone call, unanswered phone calls, FaceTime call, using Siri, and there's probably another instance of finishing using the iPhone speaker that causes the podcast to start that I can't think of right now.

This is a bona fide problem in the OS.

14. jollyreaper macrumors regular

It happens for me as well after phone calls.

I usually stop a podcast or music by yanking the earbud cord when I'm done. This I guess is a soft pause instead of a hard pause. Hard pause (press the button on the screen) stops it.

What I surmise happens is you also get a soft pause when a phone call comes in during a podcast. The music resumes when the call is done. I guess the "yank cord" and "pause for call" pauses placed on audio are getting conflated so it will resume once the call is done.

I also had it happen when a call wasn't taking place, just checking my phone to look up something for my boss and it starts blasting the Caustic Soda podcast at full volume.

WTG, Apple!

15. Lightey macrumors regular

May I ask how many girlfriends you have?

16. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Many. :cool: