podcasts through touch wifi store

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Avle53, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Avle53 macrumors newbie

When the wifi store first came out I heard lots of noise over the lack of podcast downloads through the online store. I haven't heard anything about it in months, but to my knowledge it was never added. Have folks stopped caring? Or was a work around created?

2. Avle53 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well shoot. Such an odd feature not to have. Was a good reason ever given? I'd heard something about not wanting people to eat up bandwidth but is that really the case?

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

I don't know why it never came, but I guess you could hope to see it in 2.0, but that's doubtful. It's just one of those things that people complain about for a week until they find something new to get upset over.

4. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I believe apple didn't want us to wait as we download a podcast. Podcast tend to be bigger files than the simple minutes of music we listen where as podcast can range up from 10 minutes to hour and half long.

5. sir42 macrumors 6502

I'd also like to see podcasts through the wifi store. Sometimes I travel for a few days at a time without my laptop and it would be nice if I could get updates to my favorite podcasts while I'm traveling.