Podcasts

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jmmo20, May 11, 2015.

1. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Hi, now that some people have had their watches for a few weeks, how are you guys listening to podcasts on your watch? is there any work-around that doesn't involve saving all mp3 to itunes? (i use Match so it wouldn't work anyways).

That's a big deal breaker to me .. i would really like to use my BT headphones and leave the phone at home.

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Work around is simple-ish: just download the file, add to itunes, add to playlist, sync to phone and wait an age for it to sync to watch.

I considered douing this, but I want to listen to episodes as they come out and I value the features of Overcast too much to bother with this (Smart Speed, 1.25x playback and 30 second skipping). I just take my phone running still, it isnt that much of a burden.

Also, finding your place in a half-listened to podcast would be a nightmare!

I guess we'll have to wait for the native SDK and hope local storage is included....

3. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

How are you syncing it and where does it show up on the watch?

4. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

In the watch app on iPhone select the aforementioned playlist and it appears in the music app on the watch.

Use a force touch to change sources.

5. jmmo20 thread starter macrumors 65816

this wouldn't be an option because I'm using iTunes Match.
    I would need to download, add to itunes, re-upload to icloud, re-download in iphone, sync to watch.