Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
I was under the impression 2.2 would give my iPod the power to check for new episodes to my subscribed podcasts, and download new episodes by itself. Does it actually do this? if it can, I don't see it anywhere.

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
From what I can tell, you have to go through the iTunes app to get to the podcasts. You have to search for what you want, as your subscriptions don't get transfered to your iPod.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
hmm.. that sucks. it would be easier to just hook it up to my computer and sync it rather than searching for every podcast i am subscribed to and download them manually.

acedew

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2008
Go to your podcast in the music player, scroll down to the bottom and you'll see a "Get more episodes" link. If you click it you will be taken to the podcast in the iTunes wifi music store where you can download more episodes. So far it has worked with all of my podcasts except one. If it can't find the podcast it just takes you to the podcast page in ITWMS. I don't know if it will get them automatically or not.

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
It's not integrated at all with your subscriptions which is a shame, hopefully in a future update.

Dale Sorel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2003
hmm.. that sucks. it would be easier to just hook it up to my computer and sync it rather than searching for every podcast i am subscribed to and download them manually.

I kinda like the new podcast feature. I'm behind on watching my podcasts so right now I have my 8gb iPod filled with podcasts rather than movies. I will now get rid of all the podcasts so I can enjoy some movies and watch podcasts whenever I want.

mgguy

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
What are some of your favorite podcasts?

Mac Geek Gab, The Maccast, Leo Laporte, This Week with George Stephanopolous, Meet the Press, O'Reilly, and NPR programs, to name a few.

semin28

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2008
If they can add podcast videos then why can't they add music videos or movies to the iTunes wifi store ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.