Podcats app died with Beta 3?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Morrus, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Morrus macrumors member

Or just me?

Podcast app crashes every time for me on launch with Beta 3.

(Apologies for the typo in the thread title - can't edit thread titles here).

2. throys macrumors 6502

Its still slow and remember ios 6 is still beta and the app itself needs to be update

3. Morrus thread starter macrumors member

I know iIOS6 is beta; that's why my post included the words "Beta 3". My question wasn't "what is the development status of iOS6?"

My question was whether the app is crashing on launch currently for people on Beta 3, or if it's just me.

4. throys macrumors 6502

It is and it's almost the same performance on my misses iOS 5.1 with iPhone 4. The app need reworking. The beta I guess has more bugs with it.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

Podcast app died when it launched.

seriously, is anyone else surprised that Apple released an unfinished app and still hasn't updated it to work right? I really want to use it but every time I do it crashes or it's lack of features reminds me why I bought downcast.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

No problems here.

7. toomanyphones macrumors member

I found it unusable. Luckily if you delete the app, all your podcasts return to the music app. I will see how well the final release work or I will have to buy Downcaster.

8. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Is the Podcast app suppose to sync with iTunes (Played/Unplayed)?

9. Dav1 macrumors 6502

It seems to be working for me at the moment, I've listen to about 24 hours of it, :) not sure that really helps you... I've used it to stream, and download....

10. toomanyphones macrumors member

I am just wondering if the size of my podcast library have anything to do with my problems. How big is your library?

11. Dav1 macrumors 6502

I install iOS 6 as a new device. So I started with nothing in my Library, and now have downloaded a number of Podiobooks into it. I downloaded Hevanfield after the beta 3 update. ( All 28 episodes of it as one long book. ) 1.4 GB is what it says I'm using at the moment...

12. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

I get random podcasts popping up from 2007 and some that are blank
    Any other time, it just freezes or crashes :mad:

13. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I haven't seen any crashes with the podcasts app on either my iPhone or iPad running Beta 3. It does seem to be a bit sluggish on the OS, but I currently don't have an iOS device running iOS 5 to compare it to.

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Podcasts app is terrible, regardless of the version of iOS.

15. claygreenberg macrumors member

Yep. It's unusable for me.

16. Morrus thread starter macrumors member

They do - but you can't download new podcasts. The "download" button doesn't do anything.

I guess it doesn't matter, since this is a beta. But podcast makers must be suffering a small decline - there's no working way to get podcasts on iOS6 at present.

17. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Just because you can't download, doesn't mean no one can download,

Attached Files:

18. toomanyphones, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

toomanyphones macrumors member

You can still download by iTunes the old way. Is the podcast app gone from the App Store? Couldn't find it in the Canadian App Store. I will try the American. Edit. Still in the American store.

19. Dav1 macrumors 6502

I just downloaded it and installed it tonight, on my iPhone. It is still there on the American Store.

Attached Files:

20. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

There's two "working ways" to get podcasts on iOS 6 that I'm aware of. Downloading the podcasts via the iOS app (which has worked for me), or syncing them to the device via iTunes (which also works for me). I'm not sure why you are having such an issue downloading them on your device(s), but I have not seen the issue you described.

21. Morrus thread starter macrumors member

I'm happy for you! I haven't downloaded them via iTunes - as I said, it doesn't really matter (I have devices still on iOS5 for actual daily use). I was just curious whether the problem was a universal one on Beta 3.

22. jokerz126 macrumors regular