Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TedM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
California
The Poetic Atmosphere case will be released on Oct 29th! Feel free to leave any feedback and let us know what you think! We are excited to bring the atmosphere case to the ipod touch. I hope you guys enjoy it!

576271_438893022841266_2054114107_n.jpg

156445_438893039507931_725229451_n.jpg

Requested picture of back
486946_438901819507053_2064941405_n.jpg

Price: 24.95 USD
Comes with a 3 year manufacturer warranty.

Last edited:

TedM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
California
Can we see pictures of the back please?
Will this be coming to the uk? How much?

I'll find out how much they plan on charging by the end of the day and I'll let you know. It will be coming to the UK though for sure! I've included the price in the original post.

Last edited:

GoodBoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
Tbh it looks ugly and totally not worth 25$ such a ripp-off! It's probalby worth 5 cents in production. You can get better cases on ebay for 2-5$!!! I also don't like the fact it protrudes along the bezel.

RobY330i

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2011
Why would I pay for a $5 product to protect my $400 item?

"You get what you pay for!"

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Since this is self promotion why is it here? It belongs in the Marketplace section.

gcrr

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2012
I don't think it does. Though I spoke with the poetic ceo and he said if a lot of people want black it will available 11/10. Other colors will be yellow, pink, blue, and red.

They should definitely release a black case.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Tbh it looks ugly and totally not worth 25$ such a ripp-off! It's probalby worth 5 cents in production. You can get better cases on ebay for 2-5$!!! I also don't like the fact it protrudes along the bezel.

I completely agree. There also apear to be slits on the back corners (presumably to get the case on) that look very weird. Then again, I know nothing of case design; they could be SuperShock Tranzdoocers® that ensure the device will shatter on impact.

GoodBoy

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
What the Hell is poetic, or atmospheric about this stupid case?
Nothing. Somebody came up with a sophisticated brand name that suggest luxury products only to justify horrendous prices. However, If someone's looking for the brand named cases for the iPod, I would recommend Belkin or Macally, as they're better looking, but they're similarly expensive and not worth the asking price. Selling iDevices accessories is a huge business, espiecially in regard of cases there's like a few thousand % margin on them. Imagine for the retail worth of 10x such cases you can get an iPod touch, which is something a lot more expensive to develop and manufacture than some plastic protectors. The moment you start looking for cases on ebay or even amazon, you realize the retail prices for cases are very cheap.

AnimaLeo

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2009
Nothing. Somebody came up with a sophisticated brand name that suggest luxury products only to justify horrendous prices. However, If someone's looking for the brand named cases for the iPod, I would recommend Belkin or Macally, as they're better looking, but they're similarly expensive and not worth the asking price. Selling iDevices accessories is a huge business, espiecially in regard of cases there's like a few thousand % margin on them. Imagine for the retail worth of 10x such cases you can get an iPod touch, which is something a lot more expensive to develop and manufacture than some plastic protectors. The moment you start looking for cases on ebay or even amazon, you realize the retail prices for cases are very cheap.

Well I guess it's true what they say. 'There's one born every minute' :p
I legit feel sorry for people that fall for this kinda stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.