iPad Poetic DuraBook Slim 360 Degree Rotary Standing Case for iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by nanogirl21, Nov 28, 2013.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

The cover is made with flexible matte black PU leather cover for a sleek, streamlined look. Ultrasuede lines the interior of the case, offering a soft, dust-free environment for your iPad Air.

Simple snap-on plastic back cover provides an easy and secure fit, giving an exceedingly thin profile (less than ½ inch thickness) to match the stunning svelteness of the iPad Air.

Open and close your DuraBook, and your iPad will wake and sleep accordingly, so your device is always ready at your fingertips.

Dura Book not only provides protection to your iPad Air, it also enables you to view your device vertical and horizontal orientations with its 360 degree swivel stand.

Designed for iPad Air. Made by Poetic

Price: $49.95
    Sale: $0.01
    You Save: $49.94 (100%)
    Shipping: $4.95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knWgmyQdGKw

http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-DuraBo...&qid=1385630239&sr=1-1&keywords=ipad+air+case

2. tandeh macrumors regular

is that not a preorder placeholder price, i doubt they are going to hand out free cases

3. nanogirl21, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2013

nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

It say's in stock on November 29, 2013 which is Friday/tomorrow. It is via Amazon and they are not going to charge you a price that isn't listed at the time the order is placed, so I think it is a good deal.

I found it last night when I was looking for a cheap back cover that is compatible with the Smart Covers. Trying to find something that can hold me over until Caudabe.com release theirs.

Edit at 11:32 on 11/28/13
    I just order it:
    Shipping Estimate: Friday, November 29, 2013 - Monday, December 2, 2013
    Delivery Estimate: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 - Monday, December 9, 2013 by 8:00pm
    Total: $2.63 (I had 233 Amazon reward points so they took off $2.33)

4. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

I ordered this case yesterday morning and got an email around dinner time that it shipped.

It says it will be delivered between this next Wednesday and the following Monday the 9th.

The pics don't look like the usual fake PU leather though. I'm hoping it's actually more like a more durable canvas-y type of plastic material.

If no one posts pics on the board by the time I get it, I'll post some.

5. tandeh macrumors regular

some of the feedback on this seller are suspect to say the least, some people believed some items were fakes. maybe he's trying to get rid of a bad batch? :eek:

6. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Thanks. Photos are always welcomed.

7. mrdoeboix12 macrumors newbie

Wow! How do people make any money selling for $0.01 + Shipping?

8. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Poetic does this with many of their new cases for new devices. I got the poetic Graphgrip for my iPad air for 0.01$ and 4.95$ shipping. Now it is 9.95$ with prime/ fulfilled by amazon.

----------

[​IMG]

9. ZipZap macrumors 601

I got mine.

Pretty nice case. Very slim with working magnets.

Rotates as advertised.

paid .01 not 1.95 but for 5 to 7 dollars its worth it.

----------

Well I'm not sure I would call it leather like but its still decent. The inside is nice.

10. tandeh macrumors regular

won't deliver to UK :(

11. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Would you mind posting some pictures? I'm particularly interested in seeing how it looks while typing on a table.

12. Phisherman81, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013

Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

13. citivolus macrumors 6502a

Thanks for posting the pictures, but does it fold into a typing position for use on a tabletop? If so can you post some pictures in that position?

14. Mjoshea148 macrumors member

Just bought the Poetic Slim Case - good deal at $10.

But I do like the ability to stand up in either direction. May I ask what keeps the iPad secure in portrait or landscape? Friction, magnets, velcro, etc.?

EDIT: oh and how secure at various angles desktop or lap?

Thanks,
    Mike

15. Phisherman81 macrumors 6502

Phisherman81

That seems to be the weak spot in this design. There doesn't seem to be the standard ipad typing position. At least I haven't figured it out yet.

The ipad will securely sit at just about every angle of those two positions, so long that the pads are resting on the inside of the cover.

Also, sleep/wake works great.

16. ZipZap macrumors 601

2 weak spots or this Case or it would be perfect. Number one there is no typing position. Number two The case cover does not separate from the backplate. Belkin has a case that does this however it's quite a bit heavier and it does not have the cover magnets for wake sleep yet

17. iMule macrumors 6502

It looks to be close to the same angle as the logitech folio (without the keyboard). It's perfect for viewing, but impossible to type on. They need to add another bend on the part that lays on the table, so it can be flipped back under itself.

18. ZipZap macrumors 601

You'd think they could figure this out…but like many of these companies then rely on China for design and not common sense.

Its sad, as this would be perfect otherwise.

19. iMule macrumors 6502

Yep. $50 is what I paid for something that is nice to look at, but lacks functionality.