Poetic Hardback vs Poetic Strapback

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by GenderBender, Apr 20, 2012.

1. GenderBender macrumors newbie

I'm looking at these two cases but I can't choose between them.
    they're the same price and kinda similar in design

its just that the hardback has a plastic and leather back and a magnetic clip that makes it easier to dislatch and use as a stand

but the strapback seems to have another color option and looks lighter.. but not sure

anyone own both?

2. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

There's going to be 3 camps here. The ones that own the HB, the ones that own the SB and the ones that recommend something else. Personally I prefer the HB over the SB because of the flap. I hate cases that use a clasp to keep the lid closed. On a positive, the clasp will keep the wake feature from activating when be carried around. I also believe the SB's lid can be folded back flat. I'd still by the HB though, it doesn't need to be "unhooked" in the portrait or viewing mode because it uses a magnet in the back of the case to keep the iPad secure.

3. Ry&EmsMom macrumors newbie

I just ordered two cases-one was The Ridge by Devicewear and the other was the Poetic Strapback. I'm not sure which one we will like better-we should receive both sometime next week. Personally, I think I want to like The Ridge, but I'm not sure how it'll be folded behind the iPad. I like that the Poetic one will rest flush against the device. I know I'll be reading it like a book often enough so that'll be a nice feature. Not sure how much we really care about the hand strap, though. Maybe every now and then it'll be used.

Anyway, when I receive the Poetic one, I'll let you know what I think!

4. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

its strange, the strapback looks like it would be lighter but its actually the hardback that's light.

the strapback and the Moko folio seem to be 99% the same model. but I believe the strapback comes in more colors? so far I've seen black, white, blue, and purple. not sure what colors the Moko comes in other than the black.

5. batotman macrumors 6502

6. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

since the strapback has that clasp to keep the cover closed, I'm guessing it doesn't suffer the problem of the auto awake going off?