iPad Poetic Slimline - Does not make sense...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Sparky9292, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

2. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

If you notice, there is an option where you can select your iPad Model- Mini - 2 - 3 - 4 etc. So, obviously these reviews are from cases for earlier iPad models.

There is another thread where someone mentions that their magnets are not lining up correctly for this case, so I wonder if this cheap price has anything to do with that? For the price, I think I am going to order and try it.

3. kingalien macrumors regular

kingalien

I bought one for the Mini previously. Their cases are pretty good and cant beat the price. Case for the Air suppose to arrive tomorrow. Will see if the magnets align properly. If not, their customer service is decent enough that it shouldn't be much of a hassle.

4. M87 macrumors 65816

Lots of case makers seem to do this on amazon. Search for ipad air case and set the maximum price to one cent. I'm not sure what they're trying to achieve, but I don't think it's a scam or anything. Probably just trying to boost their popularity or something so later when they change the price to 20 bucks they've got all kinds of good reviews and ratings.

5. Munitalp macrumors 65816

The reason that the price is so cheap on many of these cases is because they come from a manufacturer / company in China. China has bulk postal rates -- so companies who ship lots of things can ship for ridiculously cheap prices (like $0.20 - $0.25 cents). So they make the product price extremely cheap but then charge $4.99 for shipping --- while really only paying $0.20 for the shipping (so they just made a profit of around $4 after the manufacturing costs + shipping).

As others have already said, the reason they have lots of reviews is because instead of adding a new product on Amazon they just use an old product listing and add the "OPTION" for an iPad Air version… which lets them keep all of their previous reviews.

You get what you pay for, but you can often find some decent cases.

6. konieczn macrumors newbie

I had purchased one of these prior to buying my iPad Air and even though it has not arrived yet, the company has already sent out an additional email stating they acknowledge that the magnets don't line up, and that it does not wake the device when opening (pretty much it's a slim cover that doesn't function as a smart cover).

With that being said, they have a 3 year warranty so they are already shipping out replacements for all of the ones that do not work properly. So for the $5 I spent after shipping, I'll have two smart covers from this company (one that acts as a cover, and one that should be smart as it states).

7. Vertigo1 macrumors regular

I'm a little concerned about some of these dirt-cheap rear shell cases and that they may mark or damage the diamond-cut chamfered edge on the iPad Air.

8. M87 macrumors 65816

Yep, I wouldn't buy anything that's supposed to snap onto the iPad. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.