Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
IMG_2552.JPG IMG_2553.JPG

Got this in the mail the other day from Poetic for my thoughts...and here they are. I get what they were trying to do here. But it falls just short of where it should be. (Even if the band weren't way too masculine for me to start with.)

IMG_2554.JPG IMG_2555.JPG

The band itself is nice. Thick TPU, which is actually pretty comfortable. But as you may be able to tell from the photo above, I have it almost to the last hole, and my wrist is by no means large. This (38mm) band would never fit someone with a larger than average wrist.

But the biggest issue is that it's pretty darn near impossible to get your watch into the case. I almost gave up. If you don't plan on ever using another band, then it would be worth the fight to get it in. If you're the kind of person who changes your band more than twice a month, it's not worth the battle.

The fit is great once it's in there. You can easily access the digital crown, and the cover on the power button works extremely well.

IMG_2556.JPG IMG_2557.JPG

I recommend waiting for the next version, although, for $24.95 it's not a bad option if you need the protection.

Reactions: aidenh37

Mr. Donahue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Cool review! Yeah it looks like it's trying to hard. It looks like it coulda been cool but it's not quite there.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
did they send you a prototype or a retail unit? it looks messy in lots of places.

why have they still not released the trek band? i see reviews for it on amazon (even verified purchases?) but i'm thinking they are a scam/fake because i haven't seen a single actual photo of one.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
did they send you a prototype or a retail unit? it looks messy in lots of places.

why have they still not released the trek band? i see reviews for it on amazon (even verified purchases?) but i'm thinking they are a scam/fake because i haven't seen a single actual photo of one.
Still haven't received mine, and I ordered it in august. First a delay until september, then october, now they told me they had manufacturing issues, but assured me it was being sent out the week of November 15th..... Still nothing.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
View attachment 603328 View attachment 603329

Got this in the mail the other day from Poetic for my thoughts...and here they are. I get what they were trying to do here. But it falls just short of where it should be. (Even if the band weren't way too masculine for me to start with.)

View attachment 603330 View attachment 603331

The band itself is nice. Thick TPU, which is actually pretty comfortable. But as you may be able to tell from the photo above, I have it almost to the last hole, and my wrist is by no means large. This (38mm) band would never fit someone with a larger than average wrist.

But the biggest issue is that it's pretty darn near impossible to get your watch into the case. I almost gave up. If you don't plan on ever using another band, then it would be worth the fight to get it in. If you're the kind of person who changes your band more than twice a month, it's not worth the battle.

The fit is great once it's in there. You can easily access the digital crown, and the cover on the power button works extremely well.

View attachment 603332 View attachment 603333

I recommend waiting for the next version, although, for $24.95 it's not a bad option if you need the protection.
Thanks for the review. What's is that complication on your watchface with the microphone?

Reactions: AlliFlowers

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I just received mine and it's a total failure in design and engineering. I mean a complete failure and I'm glad I only spent a total of $15 and will take a "L". Small metal piece and the most important parts are rubber with way too much give. This is what happens when a company doesn't understand watches and bands and how they relate to an actual person wearing them. I won't even waste any part of my memory to take a pic. Total failure. DO NOT BUY THIS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.