iPad Poetic StrapBack for iPad Air at great intro price

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by musicjunky, Nov 1, 2013.

1. musicjunky, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013

musicjunky macrumors regular

My pre-order for an iPad Air case (Amazon Link) arrived today, on the same day I picked up the Air preorder from the Apple Store. Christmas came early this year! Really excited to load up the iPad with apps and games, but I also wanted to also give my impressions on this case from Poetic. This is the StrapBack, a leather folio case with a multi-angle stand. First off, this is not a slim case, and it will add considerable bulk to the tablet. With this sacrifice of size you will get a good amount of drop protection as well as the stand. This is for the road user who brings their laptop to work in a backpack or briefcase. At the introductory price of a cent ($0.01!) plus shipping, it was an easy purchase. :D

My initial thoughts were that I liked the material on the cover. It’s a synthetic polyurethane leather, but it has the suppleness and smell of the real deal. Highly impressed by the quality of the leather for the price. The inside cover is lined with a soft gray microfiber material and feels soft to the touch, and should keep the dust off of the iPad screen. The corner tabs which holds on to the case grips on tightly, and in case of a fall, it should hold the iPad in place. The two tabs on the inner side of the case give way easier, to allow you to employ the stand with frequency. The three grooves provides three angles for your stand.

Some additional features are the stylus loop, a handy hand-strap for one-hand carrying, and the titular strap which keeps the cover and case secure. One feature that wasn’t present is a sleep-wake function on the cover, but I received this email earlier today:

So I guess I’m going to receive another case with some additional features. Can’t really complain about that! Big ups to them for taking the initiative to update their case and provide them free of cost to early adopters like me. This case is already satisfactory, even outstanding for its price, so an additional case as back-up made this one of my better purchases so far this year. Look forward to using this case more as I get acquainted with the new Air :apple:.

Attached Files:

2. musicjunky thread starter macrumors regular

Some additional pictures of the stand configurations and cutouts.

Attached Files:

3. Gandalf theGrey macrumors newbie

Poetic does have great customer services on their products. They did sent improved versions of cases automatically without needing to contact them in the past, on top of the 3-years warranty provided.
    Talk about responsible and trustworthy of a company relationships with their customers.

Thanks for the detailed review, first hand and very clear!

4. Johnwebster79 Suspended

thanks for the review. picking one up for 4.95 USD included shipping. can't beat the price.

5. kshen1 macrumors member

kshen1

Could you post a picture of the right side of the case/iPad? (If you know what I mean..)

I want to see how it closes with the iPad Air, are there magnets (Or will this be future implemented), or is there a latch or something?

Thanks!