POETIC StrapBack Rigid Leather new Ipad Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Thrilledge, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Thrilledge macrumors regular

I know people were getting this case confused with the Moko case. So I just started a new thread.

I want to first start off by saying how impressed I am with the case. Especially for the price of 14.99 shipped with the code Poetic gives you for Amazon.

I wasn't expecting much. But I'm super surprised by it. I love the feel and the different stand positions the case offers. And the Magnet WORKS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going by their video, I was concerned about the typing position. But they covered that too. With the lip that closes the case

[​IMG]

This is the link to their video with coupon code.
    Just can't beat this for the price in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9vT8va8Drw

2. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

Gotta admit that this case is a really good deal for the price. I have it in black and white and recently posted a video on my channel about it. I could have sworn it was $29 but its now listed even cheaper at $19.95.

I give it thumbs up for the price.

3. rickyislazy macrumors newbie

It was 29.95 but they had a coupon for $15 off, now it is $19.95 with no coupon discounts. Got one for $14.95 last night before they raised the price.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I got mine a couple days ago. For what I paid for it ($10 because I had a $5 gift card from amazonlocal.com) it's great. There are 2 things I do not like about it. First is the "SNAP LATCH" that keeps the case closed and second is that is a bit heavy.

The good parts are is that it is cheap, the fake leather (AKA PU and vinyl) looks decent, it is cheap, the magnet works, it is cheap, the fit is perfect, it's cheap, and it folds back flat against itself, and it's cheap.

Oh, did I mention it is cheap! ;) My ultimate "goal" is to get the Smartsuite3 when it comes out later this week while it is expensive (and I believe) overpriced I like the fact it folds back and is held in place with a magnet. It's also seems to be VERY thin and VERY light.

So far I have 2 "cheap" (1 @ $5 and 1 @ $10) cases and this is the better of the 2. Those will be my "slumming" cases. When I get dressed up I will use the expensive one. :D

5. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing OP!

Great video review, convinced me to buy one. But how did you get this case in white? The link is just for the black version.

For 20 bucks this is a steal, but would really prefer the white case to match my white iPad.

Thanks.

6. St8kout, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

St8kout macrumors regular

That looks exactly like my $10 Moko Slim case, exactly. Had to be made by the same supplier.

Of course, now it's going for $16.99 and no free shipping for orders of $25 or more like I had. Still a bargain and it's a great case.

7. DarkAether macrumors regular

Nope. The Poetic has no strap to keep the cover flat against the back when fully opened.

8. Pete1234 macrumors newbie

Need help finding the poetic strapback in white

Hi. Could you please tell me where I can purchase the white one online? I've been looking everywhere and all I can find is the one in black. Thanks for your help.

9. guicane macrumors regular

guicane

Following recommendations from macrumours forums I have purchased the same case from Amazon UK and while the case isn't bad for the price of £16.99. Only problem and reason I'm returning it is that the smart cover function does NOT work.

Very frustrating as the product page in amazon clearly stated otherwise.

10. psychonaut macrumors 6502a

I remember seeing it on amazon for a short period of time but now it is gone. I sent an email to Poetic to see if I can get the info for you.

11. Thrilledge thread starter macrumors regular

Mine works

12. Pete1234 macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!

13. facke02 macrumors newbie

Contact POETIC support and they'll fix you up.

14. inaka macrumors 6502

The white one is available on Amazon here:
    Poetic StrapBack Rigid Leather Wrapped Case - WHITE

However, it's showing: In stock on April 9, 2012.

15. batotman macrumors 6502

I bought the Hardback and like everything about it except it doesn't lie flat when the cover is folded back. So debating this one, Coolermaster Choiix Wake Folio and a few others...

16. facke02 macrumors newbie

My original cover had an issue with the Smart Cover function not working. POETIC sent me a new one and I had it in 3 days. Works perfectly.

Great customer service and a great case.

17. -cc- macrumors newbie

how do I get this in the UK ?

I'm interested in this case.
    Anyone any ideas how I can get one in the UK ?

amazon.co.uk doesn't stock it and amazon.com won't ship it

can't seem to get anywhere with Poetic's website either

18. gpsouza macrumors 6502

gpsouza

Same here, but for Portugal... And does this case works os iPad 2?

19. -cc- macrumors newbie

gave up trying to get this to the UK

have just ordered the Moko instead, hopefully it'll be ok

20. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

Got mine today in White to match my White iPad (3rd Gen, obviously), and I must say...I'm VERY impressed. Especially for 14 bucks shipped. This thing is higher quality than most Yoobao/Other Off-Brand Leather Folio's type cases I've reviewed...pretty awesome. So far after a few hours of usage, I for sure see myself using this as my current "goto" case, replacing my Switcheasy Canvas. Also, my sleep/wake works perfectly fine...no issues there.

21. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

do you find the latches needed to unhook the ipad for landscape use, annoying to use? I heard mix things about it. Some preferring the Poetic Hardback instead. the strapback certainly reminds me of the Targus Vuscape, but with out that annoying hole in the back.

22. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

Not at all. I'm also familiar with the design already though. I was a big fan of the Yoobao Magic Case for the iPad 1/2, which had the latches as well. Every case has its own mechanism for deploying the viewing positions... I do find this one easier of the bunch and way less likely to wear out, Re: Switcheasy's Velcro. So no, super easy, takes less than a sec, I dont even think about it. I say go for it :cool: