iPad Poetic vs Anker vs MoKo -- Which inexpensive iPad Air cover ??

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Sounds Good, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Sounds Good macrumors 68000

Hi all,

I'm trying to find an iPad Air cover for my disabled mom. It's hard for her to hold things so I'm looking for something lightweight, but I'm concerned that she might drop the iPad so I would like it to have SOME protection.

Which of these 3 below do you guys think might be best for this situation?

Poetic Slimline - http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimline-Generation-Manufacturer-Warranty/dp/B00CW1N6CY

Anker - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EURB8KK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MoKo - http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Apple-iPad-Air-Case/dp/B00CK9DARO/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

To be honest, she might have trouble with the straps on the Moko so that might be a deal-killer, but ???

Anyway... thanks in advance.

:)

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

The Anker has the best grippiness and it's also probably a little more protective because of the stay-closed flap and the dual-layered nature.
    Not as lightweight though.

The Moko is probably the easiest to use because of the angle positioning ridges.

3. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

They all look good, but I'm biased toward the Poetic. I feel confident that it will offer enough protection, and it's pretty grippy as well (more than I expected). They all have cut outs for the power and volume, and that'll help anyone who is disabled. I generally find covered buttons a pain, and I'm not disabled at all. ;)

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

I like the Poetic also but I think that the fold-up cover would be the least sturdy and least dependable for a disabled person.

5. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks guys. I think I'll take the Moko out of the running due to the straps, but I'm still torn between the Anker and the Poetic. Luckily they are both inexpensive, so it might not matter that much.

6. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

Just looking for any last minute thoughts before flipping a coin. :)

Thanks again.

7. JJBetty macrumors newbie

If you can't decide I would go with the Poetic as it is the only one of the 3 with sleep/wake function.

8. slookx24 macrumors member

The Moko has sleep/wake function.

9. JJBetty macrumors newbie

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the poetic and love it. Very slim form and the sleep/awake works great. When using it on my lap, I very rarely fold it into the triangle. I usually just fold the top fold over and prop on my legs. The angle is perfect for viewing and typing.

If you are looking for a sturdier holding position, the best would be a folio case with a tab that fits into a slot on the back. I had this type of case for my first iPad and it was great. Haven't really seen any like that that are also slim.

11. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

I was about to tell my dad to order the Anker for my mom... but I just read this comment which says that the Anker is "thin but weighs a whopping 11oz. The edges and corners also dig into your palms."

Well... maybe I'll suggest the Poetic instead.

12. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

That would be me. I initially liked the case but I weighed it last night and it's 1oz heavier than my leather Bear Motion which is much more comfortable to hold. The manufacturer claims 9oz but my scales beg to differ.

13. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I'll steer clear of the Anker. Any reason why you don't recommend the Poetic? It seems to be pretty well liked.

14. SMELTN macrumors regular

SMELTN

15. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

How exactly does it stand in portrait mode?

And to the OP:
    If you're interested in portrait mode you should probably consider this case:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1672396

Same price range and general form as the others you've been considering.

16. Sounds Good thread starter macrumors 68000

Sold. I just ordered the Poetic for my mom. For $10, what the heck, right? :)

Thanks everyone!