Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2012
I'm looking to swap out the PC at my store for a Mac. I'm tired of hassling with it constantly. I'll need new POS software for Mac. Any suggestions?

Squenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2012

Yes, I agree with iJohn. I was hoping for personalized feedback from experienced and knowledgable people. I was thinking a forum is designed for this? I've done google searches. Every company claims their product is the best. I need more objective feedback.

Is this not the correct forum for this type of question? I'd love to be redirected to the best place to get my questions answered.

Thanks!

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Perhaps he hoped for informed opinions, rather than chastisement?

Yes, I agree with iJohn. I was hoping for personalized feedback from experienced and knowledgable people. I was thinking a forum is designed for this? I've done google searches. Every company claims their product is the best. I need more objective feedback.

Is this not the correct forum for this type of question? I'd love to be redirected to the best place to get my questions answered.

Thanks!

Right, well then his question should have read:
"I have been doing some research into POS apps for mac and I found these 2 that look good:
http://www.checkoutapp.com/
http://macposx.com/home.html
Any recommendations/valuable experience to share?"

He only asked for recommendations and this is quite easily found out on Google.

I cannot provide any insight on POS software for mac, I can only search google, but on seeing that this guy appeared not even to have done that I went and did it for him.:)

carefreecork

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2012
UK
I cannot give personal feedback, but I too have been looking into POS and have come across this company:

http://www.poslavu.com/

Uses iPad as the main terminal and iPod touch for the waiters - looks interesting

Squenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Ah, there are sooo many choices. Not to mention web-based applications. The list is lengthy. I'll continue my search for personalized feedback and keep an eye on this thread. Thank you!

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
We use Microsoft Point of Sale, and Retail management in our store fronts, and have been itching to get rid of this garbage for years. I've done lots of research with no luck on this subject. I'm interested to see what people have to say here.

Demosthenes X

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2008
Check out Morris, by Moneris. I haven't used it personally, but they have a free demo. It's backed by Moneris, which would give me a lot more confidence in it than something like Checkout.

Some of the iPad ones look really cool, too. A cafe near me uses one, and it seems to be a pretty slick setup.

Squenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2012
Thank you! I'm still looking. I've settled on a web-based system, just not which one. iPad solutions don't have the reporting options I want, too simple, but I've seen the Square up arrangement and the user was quite happy with it.

stuboy

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2009
Lightspeed

Thank you! I'm still looking. I've settled on a web-based system, just not which one. iPad solutions don't have the reporting options I want, too simple, but I've seen the Square up arrangement and the user was quite happy with it.

What did you end up with , I use lightspeed by Canadian company xsilva does most retail requirements well and has some nice mobile apps for use with iPad etc

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
My dad has Aldelo at the restaurant. There's 3 computers connected and they're all networked together. It's very easy to use and doesn't take much time to get used to it. You can basically customize it as much as you want.

However, we have PCs running it. I'm not sure if it's compatible on mac.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Most stores I go into these days are using iPad based POS systems. Quick, easy, and reliable.

jveatch

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2008
Multiple comment fields on Mac POS

I have used Google to search for a POS system for use on a Mac. My business requires the ability to add a comment to each item purchased by the customer. I see some systems allow a single comment field for an invoice, but none that allow a comment for each item within an invoice.

Does anyone know of an appropriate POS system that does this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.