Pointer problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MysteryHat, Feb 16, 2008.

1. MysteryHat macrumors newbie

I just noticed after this update, that as I'm using my Macbook, my pointer will, just for a split second, change a part of the screen behind it to black. Its a really strange problem, and its getting a bit annoying. The part changed to black is about an inch by an inch, and happens extremely quickly. It actually took me about 5 minutes to figure out what it was actually doing. Anyone else having a similar problem or have a solution?

Thanks

2. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Are you running any applications when this happens?

3. MysteryHat thread starter macrumors newbie

Usually it occurs while I'm using Firefox, but I've noticed it happens with any application where there is alot of text.

4. MerrieLu macrumors newbie

I think I have the same thing.

The black spot for me isn't that big, it's about a quarter inch and just looks like the mouse turns into a black blob. On the Apple website there is a thread about it too. I think it may have something to do with the Black Beach Ball that Mozilla uses (like Mac's colored one) but I am really not sure because like you said, it is so fast that I can hardly make it out. But I agree that it is getting pretty annoying. Does anyone know anything?