Poisoned or Azureus

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jjmully, May 13, 2008.

1. jjmully macrumors newbie

jjmully

Sorry if this seems like a very simple and obvious question.... But im somewhat new to the Macbook, so what application would be best/ safest for downloading audio and video files? Poisoned or Azureus?
    Thanks for your help
    -jjmully

2. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

I believe Poisoned is a dead project. It used to be great, several years ago. The last time I used it, it was worthless crap. It looks like it's not been updated since summer 2006. For a Gnutella client replacement, I highly recommend Cabos.

Azureus is a bit-torrent client. I've not used it. It's highly rated, though; as is Transmission.

Don't forget soulseek alternatives for audio files. Specifically, SolarSeek or SoulSeex. They have rare stuff you cannot get anywhere else.

3. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

use transmission for bittorrent it is the best

4. soms macrumors 6502

soms

Azureus. Its has lots of extra features, fastest speeds(for the most part), and its not banned on every bitorrent site like transmission is.

5. AnthonyG macrumors newbie

Azureus is bloated, but it still pretty good. I use it. It is really fast. Faster than Transmission. I do hate the Vuze thing :mad:

Speaking of Transmission. I would use it, if you want a uTorrent wana be, until they port it to mac(if they ever will -.-)

Anyone know how to get rid of the Vuze part of Azureus?

6. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

transmission is not banned on any bittorrent sites, it is the best free torrent app unless you want to dish out some money for the Xtorrent app

7. AnthonyG macrumors newbie

it was banned in the earlier stages, but I dont think it is banned on any still...

8. haroldtreen macrumors newbie

As people have said, Transmissions the best.

The only reason maybe not to is because I have notice it doesn't upload when I try seeding to private torrent sites.

Azureus works though and has lots of good features.
    I don't like it though cause it's a bit more complicated and doesn't look as nice.

Hope this helps!

9. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

they fixed that problem it works great now and i use it at my company to share different files

10. haroldtreen macrumors newbie

11. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

I like transmittion, its faster than the bittorrent I was using on xp

12. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

13. Praetorian® macrumors regular

Praetorian®

I was using uTorrent on Windows and Azureus on Mac (for very short time). Then I've started using Transmission and it's great. Simple and fast.