Poke iPhone 4 Speaker with Needle???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slicecom, Aug 13, 2010.

1. slicecom macrumors 68020

I know many people got much improved audio on their iPhone, 3G and 3GS devices by poking holes thru the membrane beyond the mesh on the speaker. Does anyone know if the same trick works for the iPhone 4?

2. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

This was done with the original iphone as it had a cloth membrane on the inside of the speaker grill...never heard of anybody doing this to 3G or 3GS...let alone an iPhone 4...the iPhone 4 is plenty loud anyways

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

4. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

I also heard that cracking your glass actually makes the display look much better. Let me know after you try these "enhancements" I'd like to know how they go. :)

5. slicecom thread starter macrumors 68020

*Sigh* I remember a time when this place wasn't filled with noobs giving what they think to be funny and witty responses. I'll seek an answer elsewhere.

6. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I did this with the iPhone 2G when it came out and it improved the speaker. No need now with the new iPhone, it's pretty good imo.

7. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Heh, I'll have to try this out on my friend's original iPhone. I swear, that thing at max volume is a little less than half of the 4's capabilities.