Pokemon Fans?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by TedM, Oct 11, 2012.

1. TedM macrumors 6502

Anyone out there a pokemon fan? Any intentions on buying the new pokemon game black and white 2? If you already own the game let me know what you think about it.

2. Hastings101 macrumors 68020

Hastings101

I love Pokemon and have played most of the handheld games but I probably won't buy Black and White 2. It seems too much like the last version of the series.

3. TedM thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats exactly how I feel. Sad. Pokemon needs some new blood to you know mix up their story line. Now its just stupid predictable.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So far I think White 2 is the best Pokemon game I've played. It's only slightly better than the last one, but there were loads of small things I didn't like about that (the linear map, the music, the story, the only-new Pokemon initially).

So far all that has been fixed in White 2. The story is similar to Gold/Silver, it's basically a "explore the world!" plot but with eventual enemies that aren't too sinister. I've only played for 4 hours and I'm taking my time, but I've already got my 2nd badge.

Approach it like the 3rd version (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum), but this time there are two "3rd versions". It's definitely aimed at regulars to the series so maybe that's why it feels quicker?

5. TedM thread starter macrumors 6502

Let me know what you think of it as time goes on. I would be curious to see your impressions. I'm such a huge pokemon fan I know eventually I will end up picking it up. It just depends how long I wait.