Pokemon Gold and Silver remakes

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by zap2, May 7, 2009.

1. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Good news for pokemon fans out there!

http://kotaku.com/5245005/pokemon-gold-and-silver-getting-ds-remakes

Needless to say, I'll be picking it up! For me these games had a lot of time to play, since Red had strong level 70+ at the end. Not to mention 16 badges. Also my first Pokemon game(I later got Blue, but I owned Silver first)

So who plans to pick them up?

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Only Nintendo... actually no... Squeenix too.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Red was my first version too. :) I currently play Diamond, but I will definitely get Heart Gold, since replaying those games would be awesome on the DS! I love pokémon. I am such a geek. ;)

4. capoeirista macrumors 6502

And Capcom.

I might get a copy of this. I had Pokemon Blue (I think) on my original Gameboy as a student, and if I remember rightly I quite enjoyed it, but I lost it when my house got robbed and I never picked it up again (they also stole my playstation, marvel vs capcom and 70hrs plus final fantasy VIII. Still hurts.)

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

OHHHH yes! Definitely day -100 buy for me (import :) since it will take years to hit Europe).
    Always wanted to play through Gold/Silver/Crystal but only if the rewards from that could be transferred to my Pearl save.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Now all they need is to make a remake of Yellow version and call it "Sun Yellow" that would be awesome. All of those games bring back so many memories. Any one caught any shiny pokémon in any of their games so far? I was lucky and I caught a shiny feebas. :) Here's a pic of when it evolved.

[​IMG]

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You got a shiny Milotic?! You sod that's one of my fave :D. I have a shiny Exploud but it's not a great fighter... or great anything come to think of it.

8. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Yeah it is my only shiny. I was fishing for a feebas, and caught it, and I didn't even realize it was shiny 'til later. Some of my friends soft reset their game like 3,000 times to get a shiny legendary :rolleyes:, but I'm not that much of a nerd with that much time. haha.

9. nintendude macrumors 6502

I've never played any of the gameboy pokemon games to this looks pretty sweet

btw I'm pretty sure Nintendo/Pokemon is giving away shiny milotics at the video game qualifiers this summer

10. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Well at least I can say that I caught mine as a feebas, instead of getting one of a billion duplicate event pokemon. :D

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I played and loved Gold. The best thing about this generation of Pokemon games was that they used real time -- e.g. it was Tuesday on Tuesdays in the game, and it was night at night and daytime during the day, and this was all relevant to who and what one would find roaming about or happening. Hopefully the remakes keep that feature and perhaps even enhance it (with wifi, for instance, it would be really amusing if it did things like adjust the weather in the game to match the weather in the player's locale! Although, it might not work so well if one lived in some place with unchanging weather....).

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd imagine we'd get all the online advances made in Platinum in these new games :). Or I hope we get them at least!
    I just really hope they speed this one up though. Pearl was a lot slower to get in and out battles, to watch Pokemon level up and evolve, even the running speed was a lot slower.

Also wondering if they'll bother adding Kanto in. It's not needed but (apparently) it was a big part of the game once you beat the elite 4.

13. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

They better include kanto. It was another half of the game. Gold or Silver wouldn't be complete without it.

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So its out in Japan now and well, it's Japan+Pokemon what do you expect? :D

Kanto is in. Much more detailed than the previous games (apparently). Access to Kanto legendaries too.
    Pokewalker. A pedometre that you load up with 1-3 Pokemon, each step adds 1 exp point and they gain happiness too. Can still battle+find items on it.
    All the savvy Wifi and Battle area things from Platinum have been copied and pasted over. Lazy, but very good to hear they're not taking them out.

Downloaded the recorded OST too and it all sounds spiffing. Can't wait for this one.

15. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Gold was my very first pokemon game! I'm really looking forward to this!! I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade my nintendo DS, this seems like the one!

16. neoserver macrumors 6502

Red was my first, and I totally enjoyed the FireRed remake as well. So I'll definitely be picking up one of these two on day one. Since I originally had Silver, I'll probably grab SoulSilver.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well it should be out today in America. *shakes fist and such!*

It's out here on the 26th. Already got my Pikachu-coloured Pichu and event Arceus to unlock the extra sidequests. Gonna be good :D.

18. zap2 thread starter macrumors 604

zap2

I'm pretty excited to go and pick Soul Silver up. I was planning on getting it at a 24 hour walmart, but it was pretty stormy, with flood warning and what not, so I'm just going to pick it up sometimes today.

19. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ya, I'll admit. I ordered Soul Silver. The Pokemon addiction is something that never goes away!

God of War 3 and Soul Silver come in the mail on Tuesday!

20. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I picked up my copy of SoulSilver yesterday at GameStop. I've had it preordered since Christmas, so I dragged my girlfriend with me. I'm pretty sure she rolled her eyes the entire time. Girls just dont get it. :p

Anyway I got Final Fantasy XIII and Pokémon Soul Silver, I am officially happy. :p

21. dreary macrumors regular

i purchased soul silver today, and got a figurine along with it. apparently, they're not too many Pokemon fanatics near me because there were a ton left.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Mine and the girlfriends Heart Gold and Soul Silver turned up today. So far, amazing. Don't think I'll be playing much else for a very long time. The music and art are beautiful... footstep sounds and water fading it as you approach it are great little touches.
    The pokewalker seems to work great too. Just been out for a short walk and gathered 6500 steps.

I like this. Very much.