Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You could probably find them by going to the bottom of the Apple Games forum and changing the time to (no, not literally) way back when and searching on poker because there used to be people talking about it around a year ago or so.

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
full tilt poker is pretty good

Does anyone know of another? As a review on the sourceforge site for Full Tilt says:

INSTALLER ASKS FOR ADMIN PASSWORD
Dunno about anybody else, but I'm not giving that to the client of a gambling site.​

I agree. This is probably overly cautious, but I was also hoping to find an open source version. There must be a decent app for just plain old poker. Any one?

Rocksaurus

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2003
California
Does anyone know of another? As a review on the sourceforge site for Full Tilt says:

INSTALLER ASKS FOR ADMIN PASSWORD
Dunno about anybody else, but I'm not giving that to the client of a gambling site.​

I agree. This is probably overly cautious, but I was also hoping to find an open source version. There must be a decent app for just plain old poker. Any one?

If it's a package installer, I'm pretty sure those almost always ask for your admin password. If you're really afraid, change your admin password, install it, and then change it back. I'd recommend full tilt if you're looking for practice/learning against real people. Also you can play in your web browser with Poker Room. Also back when I worked at an Apple store a few summers ago, I remember there was a poker training program they sold. Can't remember the name of it, though. Good luck at the tables.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I think that's OS X asking for the password. It does this so that apps aren't installed without your permission.

ClassicBean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Torontoland
Absolute Poker is actually really good. You can play their Instant Play software on the Mac which means it runs in a web browser and doesn't require a download (their downloadable software is Windows-only).

I ended up getting Paralles and now run the Windows client.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.