Poketo! Desk-It

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by broncopde, Dec 31, 2010.

1. broncopde macrumors 6502

Has anyone seen these? Seems so simple but I think it could be so useful for me and many others. I've looked around a bit for anything very similar (there are obviously a lot of things that are somewhat similar) and haven't found anything.

Anyone have these?

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

No need. I have iCal.

Let's see you do reoccurring events with that old time-management system? ;)

3. broncopde thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree you would definitely not want to record all your reoccurring events on paper. Personally, my reoccurring events (predominantly my class schedule and weekly bible studies) get stuck in my head for good after a couple weeks of doing them, so that's not what I would use these for.

As a student, I think they'd be great to use when I'm trying to get a firm grasp on what is due when and what days my wife is working (She is a nurse and works quite a random schedule). For me at least, it's easier to see a to-do list on paper than on a computer or phone.

4. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I bought a marker board just to use as a to do list for school and other random things I want to do. I literally put everything up there. I feel more productive doing it this way.

However, I keep my schedule and appointments on the computer. Considering I memorize events very well, I rarely look at iCal or my phone. So, I don't think a digital to do list would work well for me.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've had something similar. It became a doodle pad because I refused to carry it around, I have a smart phone for calendar items.

6. Martin29 macrumors 6502

Martin29

I keep endless hand written notes, and use various formats to help me keep track of everything. Not used these but they look like they could be interesting.

What would be stunning though, is a pen system which allowed me to write directly into my Mac, and either store the resulting files in hand written format or else convert them to typewritten (having the choice would be important)

I'm surprised that I have never seen this technology since it would be a much faster and more natural data input tool than any mouse or keyboard.