Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
My buddy in high school had a Plymouth Grand Fury decommissioned police car. It was fast as hell. You could rev the engine the v8 would rock the car back and forth.

Those Furys were fantastic cars. My dad had one, and that thing would pick up and hustle faster than anything. It was bare bones, black with a white top. Finally rusted out and he got rid of it but it was a great car.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Pffft....this is how they ride in Valencia! :rolleyes:

If, hypothetically, they arrested you and had to take you in - would they just tie you down to the roof? :eek:

Here's how they like to roll in north Texas:

Attachments

• horie 11.jpg
    horie 11.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 964
  • 1TXDallasPolice05-vi.jpg
    1TXDallasPolice05-vi.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 163
  • 00lake004-vi.jpg
    00lake004-vi.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 195
  • mikecantu-vi.jpg
    mikecantu-vi.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 449
  • 1TXDPS0131Fore-vi.jpg
    1TXDPS0131Fore-vi.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 146

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
Ahh good point :).

(doesn't sound like my kind of convention though :D)

It seems pretty obvious that the photo is there to advertise the fact that dodge make a police car....and that it's not actually a photo of one of the cars that would go on patrol. Or at least that's how I see it.
OT: Then again I did just get in from a night out and am dressed like a pirate /OT

splitpea

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Among the starlings
It seems pretty obvious that the photo is there to advertise the fact that dodge make a police car....and that it's not actually a photo of one of the cars that would go on patrol.

This. Especially given the fact that it's pretty obviously a 3D rendering rather than a photo (as are about 80% of car commercials on TV these days, btw).

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
If, hypothetically, they arrested you and had to take you in - would they just tie you down to the roof? :eek:

Here's how they like to roll in north Texas:

You'll see those in the country in south Texas as well- mostly the SUV's, for some reason. (I might be wrong, but I don't think they perform better then trucks on mountainous curves.) But in the towns and cities it's either crown vics or chargers.

MonksMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2005
DFW
I didn't know Flower Mound used trucks- all I ever see there is Chargers, Crown Vics, and Tahoes.

Sweet police cars though. I'd love to own an 1980's Chrysler Fifth Ave. (same as the Gran Fury, but nicer). :cool:

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I don't agree that an arrest is grounds for stealing property

In that case the options are to let the drug dealer keep the car that was bought with drug money, or give the car back to the garage....in which case the garage has made thousands of dollars for nothing.

Or, if you sell the car back to the garage (wouldn't be for full price obviously), what happens to the money? Does the drug dealer get it back? Or do the police "steal" it...(and go buy a new police car)?

MyDesktopBroke

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2007
England has some weird cop cars. The ones I saw were bright lime green with orange, yellow, and blue checkers and stripes.

Kimovitzh

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2009
Denmark
Here in Denmark we got

VW Passat

politibil_passat_432362m.jpg

Ford Mondeo Old and new

268690-politibil.jpg

politibil.jpg

Skoda Superb

1976687-politibil.jpg

Mercedes (forgot name)

3225668394_3c5bbaea06_o.jpg

Opel vectra

2s7yu50.jpg

+ some extras

BTW:

We also got a lot of bikes :D
Obama_i_K_benhavn_398635y.jpg

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
In that case the options are to let the drug dealer keep the car that was bought with drug money, or give the car back to the garage....in which case the garage has made thousands of dollars for nothing.

Or, if you sell the car back to the garage (wouldn't be for full price obviously), what happens to the money? Does the drug dealer get it back? Or do the police "steal" it...(and go buy a new police car)?

There is alot of assumptions with those statements. How do you know it was bought with drug money? I want more proof than just assumptions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.