macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
Sactown

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
The dog was removed from street duty while the incident is being reviewed...
Why? Justice was served. The dog should have been allowed to keep any bits that fell off as a treat!

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Maybe that bite will be a wake-up call. Don't really think he will appear in public in the nude again. I wonder just how much actual damage was done? Those police dogs have a very large mouth. I don't think that the dog should be punished at all. The dog was protecting his master.

Maedus

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2004
Indiana
wdlove said:
Maybe that bite will be a wake-up call. Don't really think he will appear in public in the nude again. I wonder just how much actual damage was done? Those police dogs have a very large mouth. I don't think that the dog should be punished at all. The dog was protecting his master.
I would assume it is routine proceedure to remove a dog from street duty after it bites somebody for a period of time while they investigate. It sounds similar to police officers who are removed from street duty after shooting somebody. Probably has to deal with public relations (clearing an officer of any wrong before putting him back on the streets where he interacts with the public) or to give him a mini-vaction to recover from the ordeal.

Or it could be so that they can take the dog to the vet to get the bad taste out of his mouth. :eek:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Well the dog did let him go, so the dog probably thought he tasted funny after the first bite.

dobbin

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2002
England
Its funny if the guy was a perverted criminal, but I guess there's a high chance he is mentally disturbed to be running round naked in the first place. If that is the case then it is sad that his problems are made worse by having a dog bite his knob.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
Tiauguinho said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I think that Pinky had too much coffee! :D

Great link man! thanks for the huge laugh!
And the policeman apologises for his language at the end - great

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
Seems to me that I remember another story where a dog bit a man's genitals. Although it wasn't a police dog. Maybe it's a conspiracy.