Police: Pregnant woman kills attacker

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
From CNN:
FORT MITCHELL, Kentucky (AP) -- A nine-months pregnant woman fought off and killed a knife-wielding woman who may have been trying to steal the baby, police said Friday.

Police said 26-year-old Sarah Brady acted in self-defense in killing Katherine Smith on Thursday. No charges were filed.

Smith, 22, had been falsely telling neighbors for weeks that she was pregnant, and a search of her apartment after her death revealed a full baby nursery, investigators said.

"She had everything in place that you'd expect to have in place with a newborn coming," said Steve Hensley, police chief in this Cincinnati suburb.
Good for her. Sad that this comes on the heels of another recent occurrence which ended more tragically.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Hot damn, that's amazing. Nice to see this story end up this way. It could have been much more tragic.

How you could even contemplate getting away with killing a mother and taking a baby from her womb is just beyond me.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
mactastic said:
Hot damn, that's amazing. Nice to see this story end up this way. It could have been much more tragic.

How you could even contemplate getting away with killing a mother and taking a baby from her womb is just beyond me.
This happened in the Chicago area a few years back. They got away with it for a short time, but not very long.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
stubeeef said:
This is a VERY disturbing trend!
I agree. Seems like this getting to be like stealing cars, but not stealing unborn baby's from their mothers body's! That doesn't even sound right typing that. Very disturbing indeed. :(

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It does seem to be a disturbing trend. For the quick think of Sarah, she's still alive in this case. There is nothing stronger than a mother fighting for her baby.

LimitedEdition

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005
There's lots of orphans people can adopt if they want children. Anyway I'm glad the pregnant lady killed her.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
BrianKonarsMac said:
this is one of the few incidents where i am glad to see somebody die.
somewhat feel the same way, but I think I'd like to know exactly what the woman thought she was doing? she must have been a bit off because you its hard to imagine actually getting away with that.

truly sad.

D

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
LimitedEdition said:
There's lots of orphans people can adopt if they want children. Anyway I'm glad the pregnant lady killed her.
Saves US taxpayers the cost of an expensive trial.

Now we won't need to hear how she brought her kindergarten school teacher an apple every day, what a wonderful person she was etc, but just wasn't herself that fateful day when she attacked that pregnant woman with a knife. Besides, she didn't intend to harm her, she only wanted to make early withdrawal/delivery :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.