Policy on simulated Tapatalk signatures?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Hellhammer, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

This question just popped into my mind. I saw a post today which was edited by Doctor Q because of a simulated signature. I don't know what the sig was but this got me thinking.

I'm wondering, are Tapatalk sigs like "Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk" allowed? The forum rules don't really specify this in my opinion:

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

Personally, I like to let other people know when I'm posting from my iPhone because often my replies are short and not very detailed.

2. SilentPanda, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

At the moment they are okay. The rule against simulated signatures is primarily to prevent people from quoting the simulated signatures and leading to increased visibility of the irrelevant information. We'd definitely revisit it if it gets to be an issue with Tapatalk and the like though, just as we're willing to revisit most things.

3. Hellhammer thread starter Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Okay, thanks for the response! I thought it would be okay but wanted to confirm that before turning on the auto-signature feature in Tapatalk. Maybe the signature rule could be edited to add a mention of Tapatalk for instance (just for future reference as now it pretty much says that you cannot).