politics in sig?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by chris200x9, Apr 7, 2009.

1. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

I was on ubuntu forums the other day I wanted to add the site in my sig to my sig there but saw putting political stuff in your sig was against the rules, since I cannot find the rules here I am asking is my sig ok?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Um, the signature rules are located, now get this, where you enter your signature.

Signature rules:
    Maximum 150 characters and 6 lines.
    No blank lines or lines of punctuation characters!
    May not be distracting, oversized, or in conflict with any forum rules.
    Please use continuous text rather than many short lines.
    For example, use this:
    24" Aluminum iMac, 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HD ; 4 GB iPod nano
    instead of this:
    24" Aluminum iMac
    2.8 GHz
    4 GB RAM
    750 GB HD
    4 GB iPod nano

3. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

First of all, welcome to MacRumors! Don't think the sig is against the rules but...

Attached Files:

4. chris200x9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hahaha doh! I'm not even new, don't know how I missed that :p much thanks

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I think my signature will leave people with more traumatic images in their head than yours.

6. darrenscerri macrumors regular

darrenscerri

Oh sry thought you were new because of your question about the sig! Sorry! :D

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Our policy is fairly generous: that signatures may be used to give additional information about you, express your opinion on almost any subject, show your sense of humor, promote or link to your "cause" or favorite website, or almost anything else within reason. We consider it to be a problem only if your signature is over-the-line outrageous or purposely meant to alarm or anger others. If a signature regularly generates complaints from other forum members, it's probably inappropriate. If not, it's probably OK.

If signatures are too large, colorful, or tall, the moderators may fix the problem without notice. In most cases, they change a signature into one long line, as in the example above, or remove unnecessary [size] or tags.

We disallow the use of the forums as a means to call attention to forum signatures. In other words, if you are participating in a forum discussion, your signature comes along for the ride and shouldn't be the reason for your post. If you see advertisers make spam posts simply to spread their ads around, please let the moderators know so they can put a stop to it.

Members can enable or disable the display of forum signatures in their User Options.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I like mine now, because he's in politics and he's an idiot.