Poll: 1.1.1 or 1.1.2

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Bsmith, Nov 17, 2007.

?

Which Firmware Verison are You using?

1. 1.1.1

34 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 1.1.2

34 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Bsmith macrumors newbie

This is a poll to see which firmware version everybody is using.

2. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

After a good read through many posts (and an hour messing to get the update on and working correctly) 1.1.2 :D

3. m242 macrumors newbie

Yep, 1.1.2 is definitely well worth the trouble (and re-jailbreaking certainly does involve some trouble...)

4. bdsmyth macrumors regular

Jar even

Yep, I originally jailbreaked, then restored to 1.1.1 and waited for the enhanced JAR jailbreak which worked fine. Seems most people with problems like mine were on a intel Macbook, so I'l be waiting for a specific thread on that before I jailbreak on the next version for sure!

5. tonybeyondo macrumors member

1.1.2 here- it took a restore, but got it going. I don't know if it's just the power of suggestion but it seems a lot faster and more reliable :)
    :D

6. dagored macrumors 65816

1.1.1 to 1.1.2 jailbreak was quick and simple. Thanks to all the programmers that put time and effort into this. I love my "Load it with what I want" Touch.

7. California King macrumors 65816

1.1.1. I don't feel like risking losing my stuff and having to restore. I've read people following the instructions, and something just went wrong...and after going through hell jailbreaking it manually...it's just not worth it right now. Plus, there's not really any point upgrading..no new features that I don't already have!

8. iMouseHD macrumors regular

I held off updating to the new firmware as my 1.1.1 hacked was working just fine but I am glad I did and I am aware of a noticable difference in the function of the new firmware, not faster per say but as others have mentioned, smoother for a lack of better words.

9. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

I upgraded to 1.1.2 and after some of the steps not working (I had jailbreaked 1.1.1 with iJailbreak not AppSnap) I noticed Safari to be a lost faster and my crashes to go down to a minimum. I really like it so far!

10. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Well by a crazy turn of events I was forced to restore... so I desided just to try out and see how easy jailbreaking to 1.1.2 was and it went quick and painless. no errors at all. :cool:

11. TheDPR macrumors member

Jailbroken just fine.

The vast majority of errors are due to user error. No offense, sometimes the instructions are vague and you just have to try what you think they mean. Point is, it is rarely the hardware that's at fault.

Jailbreaking with 1.1.2 worked just fine for me when I got the right file downloaded. This is where to get it:

http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

12. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I don't have access to a computer and Wi-Fi at the same time (it's an either-or basis for me), so there isn't an easy way for me to upgrade. I'll wait for 1.1.3... if there is something to upgrade for. :)

13. adamsweeting macrumors regular

1.1.2 here...

Was a breeze to do, and well worth it.

14. Bsmith thread starter macrumors newbie

I Finally updates to 1.1.2 yesterday, ended up having to restore to 1.1.1 before hand but other than that it all went smoooothly!:)

15. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

1.1.2 But I'm regretting NOT jailbreaking it before updating. Is there any way for me to go back or jailbreak 1.1.2 straight?