POLL: 13" vs. 15" MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lu0s3r322, Jun 11, 2009.

?

Which MBP? (consider only weight,size,screen size)

1. 13" Macbook/Macbook Pro

15 vote(s)
    57.7%
  2. 15" Macbook Pro

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  1. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

I know personal preferences and opinion are factors, but I just want to see which one most people prefer, the 13-inch Macbook/MBP or the 15-inch Macbook Pro when taking into account portability. So all other factors besides weight, size, and screen size aside, is the 13-inch just right, too much or is the 15-inch too much or just enough, etc?

Essentially we are comparing the higher end 13" MBP with the lower end 15" MBP because the differences between the two are basically screen size, size, and weight (ignore the audio in/out jack(s))

2. AppleThis&That macrumors regular

AppleThis&That

Voted 15".

I think the 15" book is perfect. Not too big to carry around and the screen is less strain on your eyes when mobile.

When at home, hook that puppy to a 24" screen with a nice shiny Mac keyboard/mouse and you got yourself a desktop. :D

3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I have always had a 13" pretty much but I decided to buy the 15" when the new MB's came out to see how I would like it in comparison to the 13" (with apple's 14 day return no risk)

Mainly my laptop is used at home 90% of the time. I rarely take it out the house and when I do the 15" will be fine. The 15" screen is nicer to work on as a main computer but the main benefit comes if you want to use it as some sort of media center and watch movies/listen to music from it......

At first it seemed big compared tot he 13" and I was almost certain I would return it for the top spec 13" but now using it for a few days the screen estate is growing on me and it just makes more sense as a desktop replacement which is what I use my laptop for. If I want something for the road I can always pickup a dell mini to play around with.......

Its a hard call and ultimately comes down to personal preference and use over a few days before you can decide, it would be cool to hear the verdict from seasoned 13" and 15" users....

Shadow

4. ecstasy macrumors 6502

ecstasy

It's threads like these that make me question getting the 13" or the 15".

Either way, I hope to hear some more thoughts and explanations for each choice.

Keep 'em coming!

5. Lipstick macrumors member

Although the extra space on the 15" would be nice, I wanted full portability so I went with the 13". Perfect for my little hands. :D

6. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

I am in a debate with myself right now. One side wants a 13 inch macbook pro, and the other side wants a windows notebook (or PC).

I love small screens on notebooks, and 13 inches is perfect for me. I have the 1.83ghz Core Duo macbook, but because of some hardware failures lately, I am in the market for an upgrade.

If I do choose a mac again, it will definatly be the 13 inch macbook pro. Power and portability is key for me. I take it to friends houses for parties and such, mainly because I have ripped all my friends CDs and my music collection towers over everybody elses. :D

The only games friends and I play online or at LANs, are WoW (but not really anymore), classic UT and UT 2004, Couterstrike 1.6 and C&C Renegade. WoW runs natively, as does UT 2004. The others I play using Crossover games or Bootcamp, so I never feel left out when people start playing games and think I won't be able to keep up.

Like I said though, I love it for being portable. I can't stand carrying around clunky 15, or even 17+ inch notebooks in my bag.

I also choose the 13 inch macbook pro over the 13 inch macbook because of is extended battery life, expandability (RAM: max 4GB vs max 8GB) and of course, built in SD card reader (which can be used as a bootable drive which I also look forward to trying out).

I personally can't wait, and I wish you luck and much fun with your new mac. :D

Cheers